Provide a package with reshade + shader possible?

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by Solano Provide a package with reshade + shader possible? was created by Solano
Hey Guys,

first of all - thank you for all your great work and all you have accomplished with this great tool. You make gaming more beautiful.
Since some time now I create the Real Light presets for ArmA and people were always struggling installing it correctly and/or find the correct download fitting to the preset of mine.

Now with V3 it got different again and the old versions vanished from your download section.

I write this post because I wanted to know if its possible as a modder to

provide a package with reshade and the necessary shaders in it so the user only needs to unzip everything in the target folder. Prepacked and named for Arma in my case.

I am using ReShade 2.0.3f1.7z for my preset - which works totally fine.

I think the author of the tuning palette feature - which is the only one I use - is ganossa formerly known as LuciferHawk.

Here is the place where Id love to put the "ready to unzip package" in case you want to know: sh8.videopilot.link/real-light-7/

Many Regards

Solano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• amoebae
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #2 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Provide a package with reshade + shader possible?
I would like to know this as well.

I have a preset that uses 2.0.3, which is not listed in the ReShade repository, and no longer on the main download page. Some of the shaders I use aren't available for 3.0 yet, so I can't update it to the new version. I already distribute the binary and my cfg files, but if none of my end users can download the shaders and reshade.fx file from here anymore, and indeed if they are out of date wrt the newest ReShade, can we just package up the lot?

I'll add, my end users are generally not proficient with ReShade or technical stuff at all, so making it as easy as possible for them is a priority (this goes for directing them to 3.0 in the future as well, which is probably going to be the biggest hurdle for 3.0 as I see it).
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by amoebae.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Provide a package with reshade + shader possible?
First I'd suggest to name the effects that should make it into 3.0, or else they probably won't be ported. Second, it's alright to distribute the older ReShade binaries for the time being until all you need was moved to 3.0. However, please do not include the old ReShade Assistant or Mediator executables. And make it abundantly clear those files originated from this website.

• amoebae
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Provide a package with reshade + shader possible?
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there an official thread where shader requests are being listed, rather than it getting lost here? I'll take a look.

Assistant and Mediator isn't a problem - I was providing instructions for manual install anyway (directing them to ReShade.me to download everything first, and giving them the renamed binary and my cfg files to paste in over the top).

Sorry to ask for confirmation, but your reply said it's okay to distribute the older ReShade binaries, but you didn't mention the shaders themselves. I've never redistributed shaders as it's been explicitly disallowed, but that's what I'm particularly asking about in this interim period, since 2.0.3's shaders don't seem to be available anywhere now and not everything is ported to 3.0 yet.

So, to be specific: is it possible for us to provide a zip containing everything that is required for manual installation of 2.0.3 -- dll, reshade.fx, shader fx files, and cfg files (but not assistant/mediator exexutables) -- for current presets that aren't able to be ported to 3.0 at the moment? (Obviously, as you say, with explicit notices that everything originates from ReShade.me.)

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Provide a package with reshade + shader possible?
I can't speak for the shader developers, but I doubt somebody will cause a scene if you do as long as credits are visible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Provide a package with reshade + shader possible?

amoebae wrote: Is there an official thread where shader requests are being listed, rather than it getting lost here? I'll take a look.

There is now: reshade.me/forum/shader-suggestions/2441...ports-to-reshade-3-0
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae

• amoebae
More
7 years 6 months ago #7 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Provide a package with reshade + shader possible?
Many thanks, crosire, for both replies.

I'm excited to finally get using 3.0 once more of the shaders are established, and in the meantime being able to continue to use 2.0.3 is great.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #8 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Provide a package with reshade + shader possible?

crosire wrote: First I'd suggest to name the effects that should make it into 3.0, or else they probably won't be ported.

Thanks for your replay Crosire. I am glad to hear that. Tuning Palette Effect is one of the most powerful ones imo and I would love to see it in the future releases. It is a must for me. It replaces so many other effects and combines them.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.