Reshade 3: Load time is affected by harddisc

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by Sunesha Reshade 3: Load time is affected by harddisc was created by Sunesha
I discovered that Reshade shader starting load is affected by HD load time. This became very obvious as I have my slow to load favorite games on small 120gb disc. It took like 2-3 seconds to load.

So yeah it is probaly a good idea defrag your game disc(As long they aren't SSDs).

Not sure how valueable this info is or not. But I thought to share any way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Reshade 3: Load time is affected by harddisc
The more shaders ReShade 3.x has to load the slower it'll be to compile these when a game is started, which is why it's recommended to only have the shaders you want to use in the defined folder which greatly decreases the time this takes compared to if it was to compile all shaders. :)

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Reshade 3: Load time is affected by harddisc

JBeckman wrote: The more shaders ReShade 3.x has to load the slower it'll be to compile these when a game is started, which is why it's recommended to only have the shaders you want to use in the defined folder which greatly decreases the time this takes compared to if it was to compile all shaders. :)

In most games they only loads once, so for me personally it is not problem. I thought about just installing the shaders I use. But then I thought that rather wait them load then, go back install someone that I thought needed. Though I tend to mess about in my games. I really like the new preset system which encourages experimentation :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.