Reshade 3.0.5: some feedback (small issues)

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #1 by OtisInf Reshade 3.0.5: some feedback (small issues) was created by OtisInf
Hey, trying out v3 today, looks great :)

A couple of things I ran into:

- for some reason expanding a shader.fx in the top area (list of shaders with enable/disable) doesn't work when clicking the arrowhead, when the shader is collapsed _and_ enabled. Others work fine, but enabled shaders: not so much. The expand/collapse all button works though so that's what I'm using now to change a key/shader enable toggle, which is a bit annoying
- it would be great if clicking a shader.fx in the top pane would automatically focus the parameters of the shader in the bottom pane, if applicable.
- The default color for 'active' was hard to see for my old eyes, perhaps a more distinguished color is better. This is likely due to the fact the window is partly transparent so the colors blend more together
- Double clicking a combobox with 2 values should select the other one (e.g. on->off and back). Checkboxes would be better for toggles, but I think if they were easy to add you'd already picked them ;)
- alt-tabbing loses the area I was working on, meaning, if I had 'dof' typed in the search before alt-tab, only shaders matching 'dof' are listed, but after alt-tab and back into the game, which makes the viewport reinitialize so reshade loads all shaders again but keeps the window open, all shaders are listed again (although 'dof' is still present in the search box). The bottom pane with settings is then also reset to the first shader. Everything is expanded as well, which is a bit of a pain if you're a screenshotter, because we alt-tab a lot to other tools like cheat engine and SRWE. I do have to note this was in 'configuration' mode and in a fullscreen game.
- I happen to remember you had shader editing built in for a while (I haven't kept up with the changes, sorry for that, no time :( ) but couldn't find it, is that coming back?
- the tutorial is great :) Install went well, things work OK. Good job :)
- Yes I'll port adaptive fog soon, cheers :)
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by OtisInf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 3.0.5: some feedback (small issues)

OtisInf wrote: - for some reason expanding a shader.fx in the top area (list of shaders with enable/disable) doesn't work when clicking the arrowhead, when the shader is collapsed _and_ enabled. Others work fine, but enabled shaders: not so much. The expand/collapse all button works though so that's what I'm using now to change a key/shader enable toggle, which is a bit annoying

Can't seem to reproduce that ...

OtisInf wrote: - it would be great if clicking a shader.fx in the top pane would automatically focus the parameters of the shader in the bottom pane, if applicable.

I thought about that too, unfortunately the implementation is a bit complicated and doesn't work properly, so I preferred not having this feature over having a feature that only works half of the time and breaks the UI in other cases.

OtisInf wrote: - The default color for 'active' was hard to see for my old eyes, perhaps a more distinguished color is better. This is likely due to the fact the window is partly transparent so the colors blend more together

You can change the colors and transparency of the window on the settings tab.

OtisInf wrote: - Double clicking a combobox with 2 values should select the other one (e.g. on->off and back). Checkboxes would be better for toggles, but I think if they were easy to add you'd already picked them ;)

Good idea.
I used combo boxes in favor of check boxes because they align with the other widgets better. A check box is too small.

OtisInf wrote: - alt-tabbing loses the area I was working on, meaning, if I had 'dof' typed in the search before alt-tab, only shaders matching 'dof' are listed, but after alt-tab and back into the game, which makes the viewport reinitialize so reshade loads all shaders again but keeps the window open, all shaders are listed again (although 'dof' is still present in the search box). The bottom pane with settings is then also reset to the first shader. Everything is expanded as well, which is a bit of a pain if you're a screenshotter, because we alt-tab a lot to other tools like cheat engine and SRWE. I do have to note this was in 'configuration' mode and in a fullscreen game.

Nice catch. Fixed that.

OtisInf wrote: - I happen to remember you had shader editing built in for a while (I haven't kept up with the changes, sorry for that, no time :( ) but couldn't find it, is that coming back?

It was removed since it never really worked well and there was no easy way to implement syntax highlighting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.