Reshade DX12 hook

• JAMESNYPD
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by JAMESNYPD Reshade DX12 hook was created by JAMESNYPD
I See over a year ago or so talk about might adding dx12 to reshade i was just wondering is there any update to it /when we can see dx12 for reshade would love to use it with rise of the tomb raider and other dx12 games thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade DX12 hook
Not going to happen. Too little time.

• JBeckman
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #3 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Reshade DX12 hook
DirectX 12 is still not used that broadly though but I hope it'll be implemented some time even if there's no current time frame due to I guess real life and such which takes precedence or how it's said :)
(Meaning other things not necessarily related to ReShade is a bigger priority at the moment.)

EDIT: What is there at the moment anyhow?

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Decent gains on AMD, probably Nvidia too but that loses the VXAO technique, which is unsupported on AMD and not a factor as such.)
Deus Ex Mankind Divided (CPU limitations mainly, small gains on both AMD and Nvidia far as I know though currently only Crossfire is supported with SLI in beta status.)
Battlefield One (Again CPU dependent but small gains as well though very close to DX11 in many cases.)

Gears of War 4 uses UWP and thus can't be used with ReShade due to various factors.
Total War Warhammer and Hitman I'm unsure how those are doing, Hitman is still in a pretty rough state even now far as I've read and I guess being a RTS Warhammer could see some bottleneck improvements on CPU usage via D3D12 but I haven't checked any performance comparisons for that game.

Anything else? Ashes of the Singularity is one of those games that really leverages D3D12 to what it can do when utilized more fully or however you'd say.

I guess emulators are also slowly starting to adapt D3D12 (And Vulkan.) support but it's pretty much a beta at least for the projects I've checked on with some features working on some GPU models or drivers and breaking on others but it does provide some nice gains it would seem when it does work. :)
(I'm guessing most of the above retail games have similar compatibility concerns though only that we don't really get to know about them being closed source and all that.)

EDIT: And yeah helps with CPU limited scenarios and overhead plus draw calls and some other stuff but needs a lot of work on the developers side to implement more efficiently and also for support with multi-GPU configurations and such, think Civilization 6 is also planning to support DirectX 12 in a upcoming patch which being a more CPU dependent game during longer sessions and campaigns it could see some nice improvements as well.
(Neither AMD or Nvidia have a full 100% support of every DX12 feature though at least with current GPU's but I don't know how much of a thing that actually is, probably fairly minor since it's divided into tiers and feature levels and not all features will be required or needed for every game I guess?)

We're still seeing a lot of DirectX 9 games released even if DirectX 11 is steadily growing with more games supporting it every year and that was launched many years ago, I don't know of any engine explicitly stating it supports D3D11.2 either though some now support D3D11.1 although these feature levels are fairly minor far as I remember.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by JBeckman.

• Martigen
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Reshade DX12 hook

crosire wrote: Not going to happen. Too little time.

Not to throw an idea out there but... *throws*

Crowdfund. I can't imagine the time it takes to code something like this, and you can bet thousands like me would donate for DX12 support, and frankly simply for Reshade full stop. Why not make some money for all your hard work? You absolutely already deserve it.

Honestly, I know I speak for zillions of others here: I can't play any game without Reshade. No game is complete without Reshade. And like it or not, more and more DX12 titles will be releasing. We need you Crosire! Save us Obi-wan Crosire!

*hands money, booze, panties. Wait... might take the panties back*

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade DX12 hook
I recently entered a pretty good job at a great company, which is why I can no longer demote much time to ReShade, neither can I accept any money. It wouldn't make a difference anyway and I don't really need it. Thanks anyway, the nice words alone mean a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• Wicked Sick
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #6 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Reshade DX12 hook
Before anything, congratulations and thank for all your effort to this day and for the days that you may still spend with ReShade. I would like to know if you did post about it somewhere, Crosire?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Wicked Sick.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade DX12 hook
No. That's my private life and not something that needs discussion =).

• Wicked Sick
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #8 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Reshade DX12 hook
I couldn't agree more. I was wondering about this because it seems like you are leaving the project. Anyway, good luck and thank you for everything.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade DX12 hook
I'm not actively leaving the project, I just won't add any major features to it in the foreseeable future, only bug fixes here and there when necessary. With ReShade 3.0 I finally realized my vision and am happy with the outcome. Something I never quite was with the previous iterations. I made sure to bring it to a point where I'm no longer needed to care for the project all the time. Didn't plan to do any big announcement about this step, as there's not much to say, so take this post as the equivalent.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• Wicked Sick
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #10 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Reshade DX12 hook
I will, and thank you. Once again, may nothing but good fortune come to you.

If I may ask, what happened to Lucifer's Hawk?

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 4 months ago #11 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Reshade DX12 hook

Wicked Sick wrote: I will, and thank you. Once again, may nothing but good fortune come to you.

If I may ask, what happened to Lucifer's Hawk?

I do wonder the same sentiment

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.