How to share a preset ??

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1 by master2g How to share a preset ?? was created by master2g
Whats the best and easiest way to share a preset ? I have one done with resahde 3.0 for nfs 2015 and figure if i wait until its "really done" then it could be for ever before i ever share it lol.
I figure share it now and if others want they can adjust it more to their liking. Thats the beauty of reshade right, It can be tweaked to each ones tastes.
So anyways i would like to share my Need For Speed 2015 preset but i do not know how. I have never done it and would like to. Whats the easiest way possible for myself to upload it and make it easy for every one else who would want to down load it and use it. Thanks in advance :)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by master2g.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic How to share a preset ??
Head over to reshade.me/presets and upload the content of the *.ini file of your preset there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: master2g

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic How to share a preset ??
Will add on more thing. I created HSV shader for my resahde 3.0 from here

reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/237...shade?start=20#18064

My preset has HSV in it now as I use it to adjust color shades and such. Does the current reshade 3.0 shaders list include HSV ? and if not then any one who uploads my preset will have to know how to create HSV from the original post that i got it from. Some may and some may not know how to create that shader from there i think. :unsure:

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic How to share a preset ??
Add a download link to the HSV.fx file and tell people to add it to the game folder as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: master2g

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #5 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic How to share a preset ??
Thanks, will do asap.

• megazz
More
7 years 3 months ago #6 by megazz Replied by megazz on topic How to share a preset ??
Yeah I was about to start a thread about this. In the homepage we are told to not share binaries or shaders (a lot of people ignore this), I'm okay with that, however this makes it so difficult to share presets! The installation process can be really complicated for some people, I don't blame them.

A process that could be as easy as "download this and extract it there" becomes a bit complicated. Look at the installation tutorial I had to make in this preset of mine: sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/6715/

A suggestion I can make is to make the ReShade installation a bit more user-friendly and make it ask if you want to import a preset file. This way ReShade can already know which shader to download and the preset would be already active once the installation is finished.

• crosire
More
7 years 3 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic How to share a preset ??

megazz wrote: A suggestion I can make is to make the ReShade installation a bit more user-friendly and make it ask if you want to import a preset file. This way ReShade can already know which shader to download and the preset would be already active once the installation is finished.

Sounds reasonable. Will keep this in mind for next time I do some coding on ReShade again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: megazz, master2g

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #8 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic How to share a preset ??
Well the easiest way to use my preset, well upload and install i mean is to unzip all the Reshade files into the main Need For Speed folder. That way it covers the HSV file issue and such. Upload the zip file, unpack to your NFS 2016 main folder and presto ! :) . I seen that you asked not to upload anything but the INI file and as well reshade me doesn't have a way to just upload the zip folder. Can i use another site to upload the zip folder and include a link to reshade here ? Is that fine to do ? I ask crosire as it is your tool so i wanted to be sure you are ok with that. Then i can post up a thread with down load links included for both reshade and my preset zip folder. Thanks

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.