Need a quick confirmation regarding CS:GO.

• defter
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by defter Need a quick confirmation regarding CS:GO. was created by defter
hi, i was wondering if multisampling anti-aliasing MUST be turned off in CS:GO's graphics options (even without using SMAA or FXAA) in order to use the current build of reshade + sweetfx.

reason i ask is because, i've been using MSAA 4x ever since i installed reshade + sweetfx and have experienced random game startup crashes. however, there are times when it works just fine as well but, i don't think MSAA was actually being applied.

thanks in advance :)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by defter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need a quick confirmation regarding CS:GO.
No, ReShade supports MSAA. Depthbuffer access won't work then, but that's not much of an interest in case of CS:GO anyway, since it's multiplayer.

• defter
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by defter Replied by defter on topic Need a quick confirmation regarding CS:GO.
ah ok, thanks.

hmm, i've put all the files the reshade installer created into the /bin/ folder but, i'm still experiencing a random crash here and there generally when starting up the game.

do you possibly know what could be causing this?

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need a quick confirmation regarding CS:GO.
Anything out of the normal in the log when that crash occurs? Some other software running which hooks into the game too and thus may conflict and sometimes crash?

• defter
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #5 by defter Replied by defter on topic Need a quick confirmation regarding CS:GO.
hmm, i didn't see anything too out of the ordinary but, i just noticed that there were a bunch of "Failed to uninstall hook" code 10 errors (not too sure if it's anything to worry about).

here is the d3d9 log: pastebin.com/AZ1hHWLQ

i run MSI Afterburner but, i'm not running any OSD from it. in fact, i don't have that component installed.

EDIT: i actually just remembered, i do use the steam overlay while in game sometimes but, i've never seen the game crash from opening it. is it possible that this could be the cause in some way?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by defter.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need a quick confirmation regarding CS:GO.
Steam overlay is supported, but I don't know how they play together with MSAA enabled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: defter

• defter
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by defter Replied by defter on topic Need a quick confirmation regarding CS:GO.
ok, i'll go ahead and disable MSAA and see if that clears the crashes.

thanks for the help, much appreciated! :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.