Start the game with reshade off

• Neoony
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #1 by Neoony Start the game with reshade off was created by Neoony
Hello.

I would like to ask.
Is there any way to set reshade to start turned off at game launch?
And then If I wanted it on, I could just use the enable/disable key (scroll lock) and then all the shaders would load.

Tried a bit of googling, but "unlucky".

Thanks for any answers :)
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Neoony.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 3 months ago #2 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Start the game with reshade off
The source code is up, you can do it yourself... I would send you mine that already does this, but I don't want to anger Crosire :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neoony

• Neoony
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #3 by Neoony Replied by Neoony on topic Start the game with reshade off
Ok, if there isnt any way to do it in config or so, then thats all the info I need :)

Now, Iam not a coder, but I already tried compiling Reshade for other reasons.

Maybe you could share the piece of code I need to change? Or atleast PM?
Or atleast point me to it?

I mean its open source now and I probably wont be the only one asking for such thing.
So I dont see a reason why not paste it public here, so that others can find it too? :)

Anyways, Thanks :)

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #4 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Start the game with reshade off
This is the code snippet that I wrote (it's quick and dirty, sorry).

This is all in "Runtime.cpp", btw.
bool modified = false;
modified |= ImGui::Checkbox("Toggle Effects", &_effects_enabled);

This will add a toggle button under a tab of your choosing (I put mine in a custom header in the "Settings" tab). If you don't know how to make a custom header, just look at the "User Interface" header and it's options.
Example:

After that, add this to this line:

Then add this to this line:

Compile, and if done correctly, you should have this option in the config file:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by NoMansReshade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neoony

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.