Preset ready to share. One last issue.

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by master2g Preset ready to share. One last issue. was created by master2g
Well the easiest way to use my preset, well upload and install i mean is to unzip all the Reshade files into the main Need For Speed 2016 folder. That way it covers a HSV file issue and such. Upload the zip file, unpack to your NFS 2016 main folder and presto ! :) . I seen Crosire that you i think asked not to upload anything but the INI file and as well reshade me doesn't have a way to just upload the zip folder. Can i use another site to upload the zip folder and include a link to reshade here ? Is that fine to do ? I ask crosire as it is your tool so i wanted to be sure you are ok with that. Then i can post up a thread with down load links included for both reshade and my preset zip folder. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Preset ready to share. One last issue.
It's fine to upload your preset + required additional files somewhere else. That's your stuff. It would be preferred not to upload ReShade anywhere else though. This site is the main distribution link and it should stay that way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: master2g

• Sunesha
More
7 years 3 months ago #3 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Preset ready to share. One last issue.
If you package your preset with Reshade 3. It will not play well for people that may installed in a non-default directory. Myself example have 2 game drives. 1 ssd and 1 hdd. Which would mean that Reshade shaders are in different place and non shaders would load from your dxgi/d3d9/d3d11 ini file

Think smartest solution is to request people to download and use Reshade tool. Then just dump the preset in the folder. At least that is what do so my friends have to do as little "tweaking" as possible
The following user(s) said Thank You: master2g

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #4 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Preset ready to share. One last issue.
@ Crosire , I would use this site only to share the preset. I wont put my preset on any other site. If i do it would be ea answers hq only. I would post link to bring them here then they can get Reshade and the link to the main zip folder. Plus install instruction and all other description and such would be included in the post here as well . So in order to get my preset they would have to come to this site to get it. Then the only file that would be on lets a site like Media fire would be the zip folder with those 5 files. The link to the file share site would be in this forum only. :)

@Sunesha , i would request that in the install description. Basically install latest reshade then like you say dump the zip folder contents into their main NFS 2016 folder. Couple of screen shots below to see what is the main folder contents and the zip file contents i have. Sharing just the zip folder stuff. To test ease of install I removed those 5 files from my NFS 2016 main folder , started the game and it worked with out my reshade preset, then closed the game, put those 5 files back in and restarted the game and presto it worked. So i am thinking that would be the easiest. I have HSV in the preset and trying to get them to make a proper file from the post i took the "code" from would be IMHO causing more difficulty then needed. HSV is a crucial part of my preset thus its needed . So again i figure its easiest to just down load the zip folder contents and extract them 5 items into the NFS 2016 main folder :) . Does anything im saying make sense lol. I can be confusing some times :P

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by master2g.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.