Lack of contributers??

• NoMansReshade
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #1 by NoMansReshade Lack of contributers?? was created by NoMansReshade
It's been almost a month since Reshade went open-source, and there are still only 3 contributers. Is this normal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Lack of contributers??
Yes. It's a complex project. You won't find people who have the time and will and experience to dig into the code that quickly (if at all).

• moriz1
More
7 years 2 months ago #3 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic Lack of contributers??

crosire wrote: Yes. It's a complex project. You won't find people who have the time and will and experience to dig into the code that quickly (if at all).

seriously.

speaking of such: is there a way to hook a debugger to the dll while a game is running? i haven't been able to find a way to do this. i've been resorting to reading the log output to determine the call stack.

• crosire
More
7 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Lack of contributers??
Sure. Build the debug version of ReShade (so debug symbols are created) and copy + rename that one to the application you want to debug. Now just use the "Attach to process" option of VS' debugger and debugging works. Or edit the debugging properties of the project to launch that application directly and add a post-build event that copies the DLL automatically.

• moriz1
More
7 years 2 months ago #5 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic Lack of contributers??
I can use "attach to process" on the application that I'm running, but VS can't seem to detect the reshade dll at all, since any breakpoints that I set are ignored.

I can't seem to do the second option (launching the target application automatically) at all.

• crosire
More
7 years 2 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Lack of contributers??
Like I said, make sure you build the debug configuration and use that one (bin\...\Debug), so that VS can find the PDB file it created.

• rpottorff
More
6 years 9 months ago #7 by rpottorff Replied by rpottorff on topic Lack of contributers??
When I try to use the debug build as dxgi.dll, I end up with ReShade trying to call a function using a null pointer
reshade::hooks::call(&D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain)
returns 0x0000

it doesn't look like this happens with the release build, because it loads

any ideas?

• rpottorff
More
6 years 9 months ago #8 by rpottorff Replied by rpottorff on topic Lack of contributers??
For posterity -- it looks like it was because the d3d device was being started with DEBUG flags -- commenting out line 26 in d3d11.cpp (Flags |= D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_DEBUG;) seemed to do the trick.

I suspect this has to do with d3d install more than anything.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.