SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT

• Raiden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by Raiden SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT was created by Raiden
so guys i don't know if it's a common question or a stupid one
i am still a newbie so i don't know yet i am just curious about it that's why i started the discussion
so guys will u tell me which of these are more powerful.
and please in details
and for me i will give the vote to GEM effect i saw a video on youtube using gem effect in skyrim
it was beautiful
so guys plz tell me which of these are more powerful
The topic has been locked.
  • JPulowski
More
9 years 1 month ago - 8 years 5 months ago #2 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
It is not possible to say "X is the best" in this case. It depends on the person's needs and visual taste.
SweetFX, MasterEffect and GEM are just different shader packs. SweetFX is SweetFX. MasterEffect contains some of the SweetFX's shaders and also some other shaders. GEM is a collection of some advanced shaders. In the future it will be possible mix them all seamlessly. Take a look at this post .
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link
  • Raiden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by Raiden Replied by Raiden on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
well can gem fx run on all games or just on some chosen games
because i have only seen 2 to 5 videos on youtube
and on master effect i have not seen any videos on youtube .

so plz can u tell me why there are so many of people use sweet fx but not use gem fx or master effect
and sweet fx is not that good to i have seen skyrim videos i can really said that sweet fx is not that good
  • Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
I think that the best way for you to form your own opinion is by trying them yourself since the comprehension of good is quite subjective. They aren't hard to use.

As I see, ME has a lot of cool effects that people use more to take ss, as you can see in another thread here, some games even look something else entirely new. But for playing seriously, I don't like it. Too heavy even with nothing enabled. If only I could use their bloom alone...

Gem has a configurator and also has a lot of cool effects. For a new user, I guess this would be the more friendly, I mean, it has a interface to tweak. But I see no problem dealing with a txt file to set what I want. The thing that I don't like the most about Gem is its size. 600mb is a bit too much.

But SFX is still the one I like more. It does what I want to do with less impact than the others. As I said, I only wish that I could have SFX's bloom to be as like the one from ME and also ME's Technicolor.

Again, you should give them a try and see for yourself, will only take a few minutes.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Wicked Sick.
  • Raiden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by Raiden Replied by Raiden on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
actually i am playing tomb raider 2013 right now so
will GEM fX and MASter EFFect will work or not
plz respond
  • Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
Yes, they will. Just tested here.
  • Raiden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by Raiden Replied by Raiden on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
okay then iam going to try it
u said gem fx is to use right
so i am going to try gem fx first
  • Raiden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #8 by Raiden Replied by Raiden on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
well actually i am seeing gemfx
homepage but gem fx is not updated since jan, 2014
whyyyy?
  • Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #9 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
No, Raiden. It was just a suggestion to use Gem because it has an interface, but you can choose any of them regardless of what I or anyone else tell you.

I have a link for GEM, if there is another, I am yet to know.
Here you can download the release 1.0.8, last time that that post was edited was in January 28th, 2015.

www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?6...ic-GEMFX-Version-1-0
  • Raiden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #10 by Raiden Replied by Raiden on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
actually i installed Gem fx
well it has a nice interface but i was thinking do i have to move all my sweet fx files from tomb raider 2013 or i can use it with sweet fx
  • Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #11 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
For now, just try to use Gem as it is. Its interface has a tab labeled "SweetFX", you can use that if you want to use more stuff.
  • Raiden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #12 by Raiden Replied by Raiden on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
okay i will meet u then after 2 hours
thanxxx
let's just say that it will not consume my high FPS
and byee
  • Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #13 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
Good luck with your tests.

Bye o//
  • Raiden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #14 by Raiden Replied by Raiden on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
so guys the truth time
it's a real truth and a dark truth too
and you know that what will be the result so i will get started
ahhhh what a disappointment
u know guys i checked all settings on gemfx configurator and played the game
first impression was good because my fps was not going below 55 it was stuck at 55 to 75
so then one hour later the graphics are not that good because it seems like the game graphics became darker and sharper & so i thought that i just have to decrease it down a bit and it will become beautiful so i did that.
and then here's start my testing time
i test every single appropriate settings for the game
but game is not looking good enough it was becoming more & more painful to see graphics like that
so i thought now its time to turn sweetfx + gemfx on
before turning my hands to sweet fx + gemfx i was thinking that the game will become more beautiful with {sweet fx + gem fx} but at the cost of performance .
but at that time i was targeting at quality so i did not worry about performance at all
and when i turn on sweet fx + gem fx and played the game and then i became frustrated with both sweet fx and gem fx
the i thought i am not testing enough with the game
so i decided to put more work on the game and for 5 hours i was testing the hell out of it
and then it was a headache to see that these graphics effects are not that good enough to compete with my taste i am being honest with u guys
i was fully frustrated
in this whole 10 hours i never seen the original graphical effects of the game
so then i was thinking to give up on the game . but then i switched to original effects of the game
and then booooooooooommmmm
what a shock
i can't tell u guys that i was fully impressed by the default graphic effects that game has
i was really fucking happy on that moment i can't believe on my eyes that original graphical effects could be that beautiful.
that was one of the best moment on my 10 hours of testing
and then my girlfriend came and fucked my whole fucking computer
she was really angry with me but when i see my cabinet is broken
ahh only for that moment i thought that i want to kill her , i want to kill her , no i will fucking kill her
and the i realise that how much i love her
ahhh fucking love can't do anything without it

ahh anyway i was still angry but i thought i did wrong thing too
so i apologize to her and she apologized to me too and then a happy end

so guys my cpu is safe my graphic card is safe my motherboard & my ssd is safe too
but my cabinet is gone forever

so guys my real impression that
sometimes original is the best
i know guys now u will say that u didn't do enough testing
but guys u can tell a lot from 10 hours of experience
well i am not just giving up on gem fx so guys i thinking you could help me with that plz guys give gemfx presents
so i could see what gemfx can really do so thankss guys for reading this huge paragraph
and what are your reviews on this report
  • Aelius Maximus
More
9 years 1 month ago #15 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
Who let the kid in?
  • Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #16 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
If you are going to kill anyone, remember to record it.
  • Raiden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #17 by Raiden Replied by Raiden on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
@ Aelius Maximus
what do u mean by who let the kid in ?

@ Wicked Sick
I said i love her
WHY ?THE FUCK in the first place would I HAVE TO KILL her
and in the second place i have to record her

GUYS STOP JOKING AROUND
  • crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #18 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SWEETFX VS MASTER EFFECT VS GEM EFFECT
Seriously. What is this? Quick reference to the forum rules , last rule. Closed =).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raiden
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.