Newbie Issues With 3.0. Help?

• Virex
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #1 by Virex Newbie Issues With 3.0. Help? was created by Virex
First of all, I apologize if this is in the wrong part of the forum.

Anyways, I recently got interested in trying to graphically enhance my games with mods and reshades. I've had luck with mods but reshading has been an issue so far.
I've been trying to add presets to some of my games using Reshade 3.0 but I can't seem to figure it out. Every preset I download just comes with a .txt file so I assumed all I needed to do was add that to the pathway where my .exe file for the game is and then change the .txt to an .ini file.
I've tried that on a few different games and I've realized I must be way off here since I haven't gotten it to work a single time. Can someone explain what I'm actually meant to do or what I'm doing incorrectly?

Please and thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sunesha
More
7 years 1 month ago #2 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Newbie Issues With 3.0. Help?
I highly suspect that the presets you are trying are made for earlier versions of Reshade. Reshade 3 can only use presets made for version 3.

You could extract the values from older Reshade preset and use it in 3. I done it so myself for my own presets, though I familiar with it as just use my own presets.

I seen some Reshade 3 presets, so maybe find one and check how they set up and try to learn from that
The following user(s) said Thank You: Virex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.