Use ReShade with software of my own creation?

• john.steak23
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 days ago - 7 years 6 days ago #1 by john.steak23 Use ReShade with software of my own creation? was created by john.steak23
Hello everybody,
For the start I would like to say I'm a rookie working with the ReShade software. Now I will get to the point.
I have created my own app using MATLAB and compiled it. The app needs to be used in VR. So I'm using Trinus VR and ReShade.
I have launched the ReShade software, selected the app and installed API ( DIRECT 3D 10+ was chosen), installation was successful. But I need a hint now, how can I start using my app in VR? I'm confused.
Could you please give me any hint?

After installing no changes were noticed in my app.
Last edit: 7 years 6 days ago by john.steak23.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 days ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Use ReShade with software of my own creation?
ReShade does not support VR.

• Devil Master
More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic Use ReShade with software of my own creation?
What function of VR do you need to use?
1) If you're interested in head tracking and hand tracking, ReShade cannot provide that.
2) If you're interested in stereoscopy, I regularly use ReShade with the SuperDepth3D.fx shader to display almost every game I have in glorious 3D, on my HMZ-T1 head-mounted display. It's a display that does not make use of barrel distortion, but the SuperDepth3D.fx shader can add that effect, so you might be able to also use it with HMDs that do (like the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or PSVR).

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Use ReShade with software of my own creation?
No, because HTC Vive and Oculus Rift have a compositor that the game presents to, not the usual swapchain. ReShade does not intercept those calls and as such does not apply to the HMD display of those devices.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.