Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Use ReShade with software of my own creation?

Use ReShade with software of my own creation? 1 year 5 months ago #1

Hello everybody,
For the start I would like to say I'm a rookie working with the ReShade software. Now I will get to the point.
I have created my own app using MATLAB and compiled it. The app needs to be used in VR. So I'm using Trinus VR and ReShade.
I have launched the ReShade software, selected the app and installed API ( DIRECT 3D 10+ was chosen), installation was successful. But I need a hint now, how can I start using my app in VR? I'm confused.
Could you please give me any hint?

After installing no changes were noticed in my app.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by john.steak23.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Use ReShade with software of my own creation? 1 year 5 months ago #2

ReShade does not support VR.
Cheers, crosire =)

Use ReShade with software of my own creation? 1 year 3 months ago #3

What function of VR do you need to use?
1) If you're interested in head tracking and hand tracking, ReShade cannot provide that.
2) If you're interested in stereoscopy, I regularly use ReShade with the SuperDepth3D.fx shader to display almost every game I have in glorious 3D, on my HMZ-T1 head-mounted display. It's a display that does not make use of barrel distortion, but the SuperDepth3D.fx shader can add that effect, so you might be able to also use it with HMDs that do (like the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or PSVR).

Use ReShade with software of my own creation? 1 year 3 months ago #4

No, because HTC Vive and Oculus Rift have a compositor that the game presents to, not the usual swapchain. ReShade does not intercept those calls and as such does not apply to the HMD display of those devices.
Cheers, crosire =)