Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Trying to port a ultility and have some questions

Trying to port a ultility and have some questions 8 months 1 week ago #1

So there's this utility for Witcher 3 that changes the ReShade/SweetFX preset automatically when you move form zone to zone. This was accomplished in the old Reshade by writing to the current config file that ReShade has loaded. On this new ReShade I can't seem to find where it write its configs to compared to the old one. In the old one it would use this:

string presetCurrentReShade[5] = { "ReShade\\BasicFX.cfg", "ReShade\\CustomFX.cfg", "ReShade\\GemFX.cfg", "ReShade\\McFX.cfg", "ReShade\\SweetFX.cfg" };

But now I can't seem to figure out the folder structure for the new one. Can anyone help?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jminternelia

Trying to port a ultility and have some questions 8 months 6 days ago #2

• Evan20xx
  • Thank you received: 18
With ReShade 3.0, once you create a preset the .ini should be created along side to where you installed the .dll

PUBG_Enhancer_v1_1.ini being the presets config file.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
Last Edit: 8 months 5 days ago by Evan20xx.

Trying to port a ultility and have some questions 1 month 1 week ago #3

I started trying to figure this out. I am a total novice at this stuff, but Insofar as I can tell, he has it set up to point to Reshade Preset locations:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

With ReShade 3, the presets aren't stored in individual config files like older versions. The entire preset is in a single .ini file. Also, Reshade's shaders now store the individual default values for each shader in the shader itself, making pointing to each shader's configuration moot. So, in acknowledgement of that, wouldn't it be coded as below?

If so, then where I am getting stumped is where the individual .cfg files are interpreted as below. In essence, from what it looks like, he is reading each config file within each preset to get the values for the shaders. I included a snippet of his code to show what I am referring to (lines 483-924 of the source code .cpp):

Instead of having separate "pointers" to each .cfg file (that no longer exist for ReShade 3), wouldn't having a single "pointer" for each preset work, or can this be eliminated altogether since we already pointed to the preset? (My guess is no, since he isn't reading the preset values in fields 351-393). If my assumption is correct, would the following be likely the correct solution?

If I am correct, then all that needs done is for someone to compile this, but I am probably not right. In any case, here's what the .cpp would look like if I am correct:

Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by jminternelia.

Trying to port a ultility and have some questions 1 month 1 week ago #4

• Chavolatra
  • Thank you received: 3
and this works ?

Trying to port a ultility and have some questions 1 month 4 days ago #5

• JTLB
  • Thank you received: 1
GW2Hook a version of ReShade built for GuildWars2, has this function. Maybe try and contact him.

04348.github.io/Gw2Hook/index.html