What am I doing wrong with this SweetFX_settings ?

• MagikGimp
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #1 by MagikGimp What am I doing wrong with this SweetFX_settings ? was created by MagikGimp
After watching this video:

...I downloaded the preset settings file (this is a link but you can't see it!) used to make it but after many hours I still can't figure out what to do with it for Half-Life 2:Update.

As it's a SweetFX settings file I followed what to do as per the fallback for SweetFX 2 instructions at the RS version 3 newcomer page. ReShade loads but I can't tell if it's detected SweetFX or not.
a single technique "SweetFX" will be visible
I don't understand what this means.
Nothing seems to have changed visually but I get no error messages either. I've tried other versions of SweetFX and ReShader on its own but I just get lots of red text. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of situation with this game specifically? Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by MagikGimp. Reason: Links are not easily visibile on this forum so I highlighted it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 9 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic What am I doing wrong with this SweetFX_settings ?
I've updated the common issues page to include section 3c:
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/3293-co...heir-solutions#22662

• MagikGimp
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #3 by MagikGimp Replied by MagikGimp on topic What am I doing wrong with this SweetFX_settings ?
OK so I've switched to using the latest version of ReShade, which I can load fine, but 'converting' the settings text file to an ini (changing the file extension) doesn't load anything in the interface even though the file itself is recognised. Are files in this format just not compatible any more? I've asked the creator which version of ReShade / SweetFX they used to make the settings but they haven't responded yet.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #4 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic What am I doing wrong with this SweetFX_settings ?
Quote from the link I sent:
"converting the preset is as simple as applying the same settings to the same ReShade 3 shaders as were in the old preset."
Not hard to understand. If the preset has Lumasharpen with a strength of 1.0 and a clamp of 0.02, set Lumasharpen.fx inside the ReShade 3 ui to also have a strength of 1.0 and a clamp of 0.02
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.