comprehension question: MXAO flicker

• Haggo
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #1 by Haggo comprehension question: MXAO flicker was created by Haggo
Hello everyone,
I'm quite new to ReShade and totally new to the forum, so please bear with me.

I've got a comprehension question about the flickering MXAO does under certain circumstances. If I understood correctly, this may happen due to the game being multiplayer (anti-cheat is totally fine). The game in question is SWGEmu, where I tried to apply some nifty AO to the scene leading to the (more or less expected) flickering.
BUT: This flicker only appears when setting volumentric player shadows via the ingame options. If shadows are set to blob or completely disabled, there is no sign of a flicker.

Could somebody give me a hint as to why this may be the case and whether something could be done to enable correct AO while using volumetric shadows?
Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zireael
More
6 years 6 months ago #2 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic comprehension question: MXAO flicker
Probably not, maybe you could test different preprocessor definitions for the depth buffer.

• Haggo
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #3 by Haggo Replied by Haggo on topic comprehension question: MXAO flicker
I tried which preprocessor orders I know, but to no avail. I suppose it's one of those "just doesn't work" things.

Thanks nonetheless.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.