Crowdfunded hardware based Reshade?

• NotSoSweet
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #1 by NotSoSweet Crowdfunded hardware based Reshade? was created by NotSoSweet
I just saw a news about HDMI cable with integrated uhm... post-processing with enhancements in games AA/sharpening or video quality, googled a bit and found this review

So okay... Long story short - but i have an idea - maybe you should crowdfund something like this, i mean standalone semi-hardware version of Reshade where you can upload presets or at least adjust some settings. Maybe not so advanced as injector version (no depth buffer etc) but hey, if this non-configurable "cable" got a niche then maybe it's not a bad idea overall. :silly: Also it can work in every game not matter of rendering mode.

What do you think, guys? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ShoterXX
More
6 years 6 months ago #2 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Crowdfunded hardware based Reshade?
Too niche, and not everything would run properly on the hardware available. Depth buffer is not necessarly an issue, since you can use the extra USB cable to send the data needed. Regardless, the hardware power for doing so is just not reasonable.

But I can see having something like a LUT reader, or simple adjustments, like gamma, brightness, contrast, anti-aliasing, in one of these.

• alex
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #3 by alex Replied by alex on topic Crowdfunded hardware based Reshade?
it is like it injects some kind of Fxaa and sharpening (along with some constrast enhancement). so i just assume that this thing works at a driver level just like an nvidia card adds Fxaa at driver level too.

sharpening it is really overdone and plus you can do everything (sharpen the image, contrast, colors), with built in profiles that todays monitor/tv offer doing a proper calibration (you can't calibrate this stuff, nor shut it off to work on the desktop it seems). the only thing is that it seems to work good on general content like moves (but it's another version of the cable to buy? wow...) with good results, but again, a proper calibrated monitor/tv (with the right amount of sharpen, contrast, etc), shouldn't really need something like this especially at that fuckin price (if you can afford a 150$ cable or 2 even, you can probably afford a real good monitor/tv already).
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by alex.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.