Different resolutions (3440x1440 & 3840x2160)

• Karl Sven
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #1 by Karl Sven Different resolutions (3440x1440 & 3840x2160) was created by Karl Sven
Hi there! :D
Well, I'm pretty new around here. Just installed the program this morning. I'm making first steps into Assasins Creed Origins and I have a doubt about the resolution the program can handle.
The thing is that I have 2 monitors as I mentioned in the subject. One is ultrawide and the other one a regular 4K TV.
I've seen inside the program window (shift+F2 in the game) that the textures I've download are specifically for 3440x1440.
Would this be a problem if I start playing in the 4K monitor? Do I need to download new textures for my TV...?
Maybe this has nothing to do with the "techniques" I'm actually using? ^^u
I know that this sounds like someone that has no idea about the program xD Good cause that's how it is :D

Btw and if it helps I'm only using 3 techniques (Adaptive sharpen, Clarity and FakeHDR).
No sweetFX or anything else. Actually I just wanted to help the poor and blurry anti aliasing the game has, so the sharpening technique (no, I don't use SMAA, this makes artifacts in the HUD, so I prefer to use in game anti alias with the sharpening) works EXTREMELY GOOD :)
I just want to know if I can start playing in my TV just fine without installing/downloading anything else :)
Thanks beforehand!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Different resolutions (3440x1440 & 3840x2160)
The three effects don't make use of any textures, so it doesn't matter either way. If you use an effect that does, like Bloom, then they will be upsampled/downsampled to your current resolution. Although I'm not sure which images you are refering to, because there are no 3440x1440 texture in ReShade's shader repository, the largest is 1920x1080.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl Sven

• Karl Sven
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by Karl Sven Replied by Karl Sven on topic Different resolutions (3440x1440 & 3840x2160)

crosire wrote: The three effects don't make use of any textures, so it doesn't matter either way. If you use an effect that does, like Bloom, then they will be upsampled/downsampled to your current resolution. Although I'm not sure which images you are refering to, because there are no 3440x1440 texture in ReShade's shader repository, the largest is 1920x1080.

Nvm, I just found that 3440x1440 was "textures" under "statistic" tab. Which I guess is just telling me which resolution I'm currently running in my monitor. When I tried in my 4K TV "3840x2160" was shown :D
Thanks for respond and for share such an awesome software :)
It has literally change the way I'm playing AC: Origins. I mean when I changed from my 2K to my 4K monitor there was changes... Sure there was, but the level of sharpening I can achieve with these effects is outrageous. It takes away so many layers of SHIT the stock game comes with.
Happy happy happy :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.