The Thing (PC) 2002 Modernized

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1 by Dwill0328 The Thing (PC) 2002 Modernized was created by Dwill0328
Just found out about this game. Seriously nothing is cooler than tweaking a 2002 game.

1. I updated game it to v1.2 and this gave me 1920x1080 support and mouse support
2. Used NTCORES 4gb patcher on the executable to allow executable to use more than 2gb ram if need be
3. Downloaded Crosire's DX8 to DX9 file and placed it aside executable. (Game wont even work on win10 without this lifesaver)
4. Installed Reshade DX9 and almost cried when i realized it worked. Even had depth buffer acess!

All i used was ambient occlusion, levels, bloom, and lumasharpen

screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/122678

screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/122677
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Dwill0328.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mobeeuz
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #2 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic The Thing (PC) 2002 Modernized
Damn, seen the title and my mind immediately thought remake 8( Nice to see it still works, maybe it will show up on GOG some day. They just added Call of Cthulhu: DCotE with a patch that fixes all the bugs such as the notorious invisible sorcerers, and the skyboxing.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Mobeeuz.

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by Dwill0328 Replied by Dwill0328 on topic The Thing (PC) 2002 Modernized
Nice, im going to check that out right this minute

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.