Reshade blocked - PUBG and Squad (more to follow?)

• Kuniyo
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #1 by Kuniyo Reshade blocked - PUBG and Squad (more to follow?) was created by Kuniyo
Hello everyone,

There seems to be a new trend going around... using ReShade to "cheat", with shaders like the fisheye effect.

Squad posted the announcement yesterday (12 feb) and are going to follow PUBG in block ReShade, which is a shame in my opinion but I understand why.

They say they have no way detecting the zoom function of the shader, so they decided to block it completely because many players are abusing it and getting reported.

Here are the posts.

--Squad--
joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=254

--PUBG--
forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/17714...cheat-update-060218/

Is there something that can be done about this?

If this continues there soon won't be a single multiplayer game left that we can use ReShade on.
I personally don't use the zoom feature (I don't think it's really useful anyway) but I really don't want to miss out on all the other shaders that make games look so much better (as can be seen in the screenshot thread). Games are almost always looking "flat" until you work some magic with ReShade.

on another note, I do know about FreeStyle of NVIDIA but that is still in the early stages and not everyone has an NVIDIA GPU. I can't use it myself, it causes stuttering and I lose a ton of fps (15 average fps) so that's not an alternative (yet). It's a shame to see ReShade go if this continues.

With kind regards,

Kuniyo
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Kuniyo. Reason: edited title + grammar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 2 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Reshade blocked - PUBG and Squad (more to follow?)
It's a mix of "he's better so he must be cheating" which leads many players to assume others are cheating and false information.

PUBG devs did NOT say they blocked ReShade on purpose, they merely stated the new anticheat measures could affect ReShade (which they don't, I can still use it just fine).
One random game magazine merely interpreted it that way (most "journalists" are morons there) and as they all copy content, the tale of PUBG blocking ReShade spread everywhere. So yeah, SQUAD devs read this and consequently blocked ReShade.

Zoom hacks are nonsense. I tried to use this in the old sweetfx days on BF3, it's just not working. As you cannot amplify the resolution of the image, you get not more detail, quite the contrary actually, it looks blotchy and downright confusing, advantage is negligible but people still try it. You can get the same result by using a bigger screen, it's similar to people using 4:3 ratio on 16:9 monitors in CSGO.

So I hope devs of other games aren't gullible enough to believe it and if they do, well, what can you do.

• Martigen
More
6 years 2 months ago #3 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Reshade blocked - PUBG and Squad (more to follow?)

Marty McFly wrote: It's a mix of "he's better so he must be cheating" which leads many players to assume others are cheating and false information.

PUBG devs did NOT say they blocked ReShade on purpose, they merely stated the new anticheat measures could affect ReShade (which they don't, I can still use it just fine).
One random game magazine merely interpreted it that way (most "journalists" are morons there) and as they all copy content, the tale of PUBG blocking ReShade spread everywhere. So yeah, SQUAD devs read this and consequently blocked ReShade.

Zoom hacks are nonsense. I tried to use this in the old sweetfx days on BF3, it's just not working. As you cannot amplify the resolution of the image, you get not more detail, quite the contrary actually, it looks blotchy and downright confusing, advantage is negligible but people still try it. You can get the same result by using a bigger screen, it's similar to people using 4:3 ratio on 16:9 monitors in CSGO.

So I hope devs of other games aren't gullible enough to believe it and if they do, well, what can you do.

^^ This.
Honestly, direct the devs to this post. The ban is based on FUD, not facts.

• ShoterXX
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #4 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Reshade blocked - PUBG and Squad (more to follow?)
If you run DSR, or something of the sort, you *could* get a 2x zoom out of it, kind of. Except you'd need a beefy PC for that, which in itself is already an unfair advantage. Also, I'd argue there's little point in doing so, gameplay wise, and the performance hit is just not worth it.

That said, certain games do benefit from adjusting image color, but you can do that easily with the monitor, or your GPU's control panel.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by ShoterXX.

• Fu-Bama
More
6 years 1 month ago #5 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic Reshade blocked - PUBG and Squad (more to follow?)
I think they are shooting the wrong target.
ReShade is easy victim to just show "look! we are doing something to fix things", where in fact they are making more problems.
Zooming? Well how about putting magnifying glass on the tripod.
They are fighting the wrong thing, ReShade gives same advantage as painting red dot with Sharpie on the screen or changing monitor hardware color settings.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 1 month ago #6 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Reshade blocked - PUBG and Squad (more to follow?)
Exactly. They have a hard time with cheaters (especially PUBG) and no real solution for their numerous problems but taking this easy step gives the illusion of actual progress.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.