ReShade 3 start with effects disabled

• Darkbluesky
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 week ago #1 by Darkbluesky ReShade 3 start with effects disabled was created by Darkbluesky
Hi

Is this possible? I have found some solution for older ReShade versions, but for ReShade 3, is it possible to start reshade turned off, and the turn it on in the game, with some hotkey?

I look that, because the ReShade config which is ok for the game itself (3D game) is not for the 2D menus, etc...

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 1 week ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3 start with effects disabled
Yes. Relevant setting in the config file (one of d3d9/dxgi/opengl32/ReShade.ini):
[GENERAL]
NoReloadOnInit=1

• Darkbluesky
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #3 by Darkbluesky Replied by Darkbluesky on topic ReShade 3 start with effects disabled
Thanks! I have tried it, and indeed the shaders are not applied at game start, but there are some problems:

I can't activate the shaders of my .ini config file with the hotkey I had associated to them (I have linked the same hotkey to all shaders I have used in my setting), moreover, if I open the console (shf+f2 by default) I see, in the first tab, my config file selected at the top but below there is no shaders, nor selected or unselected, the list is empty! I have to select another time my config file, and then it is applied and all the shaders appear in the list (after reading all installed shaders regardless of being in Performance mode).

Is that normal? I hope not.

There is another problem, just few seconds after game starts normally, the screen becomes over-bright and with double image. The only way to remove this, is to open the console of ReShade and select a configuration profile, as explained.

Everything is the same if I select my profile, exit game and re-start it, [strike]or if I use Reshade in configuration mode.[/strike] EDIT: if I use it in Configuration Mode everything is the same, except that I can't activate my profile (neither make appear the list of all shaders in the console) even if I select my profile in the profile selector box, up in the Reshade console window. If I do, Reshade simply do nothing, ignores the move.

Do you have some idea what is wrong ? Tx!
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Darkbluesky.

• crosire
More
6 years 1 week ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3 start with effects disabled
Yes, that's the intended effect. "NoReload" won't load the shaders as the name implies. You cannot currently start with effects loaded but disabled globally.

• Darkbluesky
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #5 by Darkbluesky Replied by Darkbluesky on topic ReShade 3 start with effects disabled
And the over-bright effect...do you have some idea, or is also a foreseen consequence of the NoReload option? EDIT: this effect is like a copy of the screen but width-stretched and brighter, and put on top of the current screen...it is strange.

BTW, could it be done, that ReShade would load the shaders at game start but right after it finishes loading them, do not apply the shaders (or deactivate them)? Like if when it would finish to load the shaders I'd press the hotkey to disable them. This seems doable, I guess.
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Darkbluesky.

• Shady
More
5 years 3 months ago #6 by Shady Replied by Shady on topic ReShade 3 start with effects disabled

crosire wrote: You cannot currently start with effects loaded but disabled globally.

Wish that too for games which can hang on init with reshade effects on. So I can enable effects later when game finished loading.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.