Does 4k increase 4time more fps hit ?

• valdismax
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #1 by valdismax Does 4k increase 4time more fps hit ? was created by valdismax
hello everyone, (sorry if my english is bad i'm french ^^ )

I actually have a 1080p monitor and the fps hit of reshade setting is actually around 50% of my fps (i go from 200fps to 100fps ingame around, it's a generality ), and i want to buy 4k monitor for better quality but does reshade will hit 4time more my fps as the resolution will be 4time more bigger ?

then does i will have around 40/50fps (or less) in 4k+reshade or it will be the same fps hit ?

thanks for your answer and sorry if my english isn't very well. :blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• NoMansReshade
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #2 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Does 4k increase 4time more fps hit ?
I have a 1080p monitor as well, but I have downscaled from 4k using Nvidia's control panel. Reshade is, in my honest opinion, abysmal when it comes to 4k. I have a GTX 1080ti. In the game "Just Cause 3", I have my settings maxed, and at 1080p no Reshade I get a solid 250+ fps. With Reshade I get a good 90. At 4k no Reshade, I get a solid 120. With Reshade at 4k I get 40... I have contemplated making a custom version of Reshade that would force everything to use a fourth of the resolution (I have tried to do this through division in the main Reshade.fxh shader and no performance increase was given), but haven't yet bothered to test if this would improve performance in any way. Keep in mind, I use lots of power hungry shaders, and that aspects like these will make performance hits vary person to person. Reshade doesn't seem to be optimized in any way, shape or form for high resolutions currently. If this statement is wrong, I'm open to criticism.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by NoMansReshade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: valdismax

• valdismax
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by valdismax Replied by valdismax on topic Does 4k increase 4time more fps hit ?
thanks for your repply. :)

Do you think it's too early for 4k/reshade combo?

I thinks i should wait 1year and half/2years before buying 4k monitor, and wait reshade be more optimized for 4k and a GPU 2time more powerfull than gtx 1080ti.
and only get 2k monitor or 2k ultrawide for the moment ?

What do you think about that ? :)

• crosire
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Does 4k increase 4time more fps hit ?
ReShade can't optimize anything here. 4x more pixels to draw means 4x more work for post-processing, which means roughly 4x the performance hit (this does not mean 4x less FPS, FPS is a very bad measurement for performance, since it doesn't scale linearly). You just need a GPU which can handle that. Or render at a lower resolution and upscale.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: valdismax

• valdismax
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by valdismax Replied by valdismax on topic Does 4k increase 4time more fps hit ?
thanks for your repply. :)

Do you thinks actually a graphic card can handle hungy reshade and 4k at 60fps in general or it's too early ?

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 11 months ago #6 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Does 4k increase 4time more fps hit ?
Nvidia GPU card is HBM 3 is can have make this ? i think is true =)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.