Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HowTo: Uninstall Reshade

HowTo: Uninstall Reshade 2 months 3 weeks ago #1

This solution is for people who have installed ReShade using the installer from this site. If you have downloaded a mod somewhere, seek help from its creator - this is not their support forum. If that's not possible, see solution 1.

1) The "Do it for me / I don't wanna read" solution:
a) Delete the entire game folder and re-download the game. No, just uninstalling the game will not work.

2) The "But I don't wanna re-download my game and still don't wanna read" solution:
a) Go to the game's executable folder and delete any of the following files you see:
D3D8.DLL
D3D9.DLL
D3D10.DLL
D3D11.DLL
OPENGL.DLL
DXGI.DLL
3) The "Okay, fine, I'll read" solution:
Follow the solution to question 2, then delete any of these additional files:
D3D9.INI
D3D10.INI
D3D11.INI
OPENGL.INI
DXGI.INI
Along with the following folder:
reshade-shaders
What is The Ashrealm?
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Mobeeuz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HowTo: Uninstall Reshade 2 months 4 days ago #2

Re Uninstall Re-Shade NOT WORKING. :angry:

I have followed the instructions above & deleted just two files plus the ReShade Folder.
But I still get a message advising of a ReShade update every time I start my Lockhead Martin P3D flight simulator.

When I press SHIFT+F2 I still get the ReShade menu though none of the links work.
I really do not wish to uninstall/reInstall P3D because it's a very complicated simulator & i have many hardware addons calibrated to P3D.

There must be files located somewhere.

Why does this program not have an Uninstall option? Beats me!
Please can someone help me to remove this ReShade software from my P3D installation.

Thanks,
Howard.

HowTo: Uninstall Reshade 2 months 3 days ago #3

What game, is it just that game, and did you delete the game folder completely and reinstall it?
What is The Ashrealm?

HowTo: Uninstall Reshade 2 months 2 days ago #4

Howard wrote:
Re Uninstall Re-Shade NOT WORKING. :angry:

I have followed the instructions above & deleted just two files plus the ReShade Folder.
But I still get a message advising of a ReShade update every time I start my Lockhead Martin P3D flight simulator.

When I press SHIFT+F2 I still get the ReShade menu though none of the links work.
I really do not wish to uninstall/reInstall P3D because it's a very complicated simulator & i have many hardware addons calibrated to P3D.

There must be files located somewhere.

Why does this program not have an Uninstall option? Beats me!
Please can someone help me to remove this ReShade software from my P3D installation.

Thanks,
Howard.

Run said game
now execute this command on your keyboard
CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE
This will open Task Manager

now under the Processes or Details tab find the games .exe file
now right click on the games .exe file and click Open File Location

Delete the files mentioned in the OP.

Best of luck!
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by Evan20xx.