Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gothic 3: fps tanks with Reshade(or with Sweetfx)

Gothic 3: fps tanks with Reshade(or with Sweetfx) 3 months 4 days ago #1

I just don't get what's up with this game, it runs 60+ fps smooth but any version of reshade/sweetfx reduces the fps to a choppy 15-20. I have the GOG version fully patched to CF 1.75. I've tried dozens of things to fix it, but I just can't , which is really a shame as reshade would really help this old RPG.

Anyone have an idea or a solution? When I read through the internet it seems most people can run reshade fine with Gothic 3, I have a Radeon RX 570, could that be the problem?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Gothic 3: fps tanks with Reshade(or with Sweetfx) 3 months 4 days ago #2

Try disabling the VSync.

For me G3+Unofficial Patch+Some other patches (maxed out quality but NO postprocessing) 100 FPS -> 70 FPS with reshade (no effects)

i3-6300 + GTX 1050 Ti
Last Edit: 3 months 4 days ago by lowenz.

Gothic 3: fps tanks with Reshade(or with Sweetfx) 3 months 3 days ago #3

Sadly that didn't fix it. I too get 100fps or even bigger, but reshade pulls it down to 15-30.. And I only tried sharpening and curves yet..

Gothic 3: fps tanks with Reshade(or with Sweetfx) 3 months 3 days ago #4

Maybe it's something in the Gothic 3 postprocessing options.

Gothic 3: fps tanks with Reshade(or with Sweetfx) 3 months 3 days ago #5

In the reshade UI there is a stats tab that can provide to you some usefull infos about the CPU and GPU frametime. Maybe you could look at it...
Last Edit: 3 months 3 days ago by thalixte.

Gothic 3: fps tanks with Reshade(or with Sweetfx) 3 months 2 days ago #6

Yep, it's probably the modern AMD videocard (RX 570) the game doesn't like, just upgraded the display driver and now it's even worse, enabling shift + f2 often crashes the game, loading savegames results in a black screen while I can still hear everything. Rebuild shaders for Gothic 3 but that didn't fix it. I remember running Sweetfx just fine with other video cards just a few years ago.