reshade redownload every time

• Drossious
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by Drossious reshade redownload every time was created by Drossious
its simple. i want to to install reshade into a game, i click install and it says it has to redownload stuff. this is crazy annoying. wtf is wrong with the developers? why isn't everything inside the install package? how do i fix this? sure it only takes 30sec sometimes, but other times its 30mins, or it just errors out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moonkey
More
5 years 8 months ago #2 by Moonkey Replied by Moonkey on topic reshade redownload every time
What you are downloading are the shaders from a github repo. Since it updates quite often, older versions of reshade packaged with the shaders would be outdated later on.

I do agree, though, there should be a better way. Shaders should be stored somewhere like in AppData where it would ask if you would like to update the shaders from the Github branch later. So when you install ReShade to other games, it would just copy the shaders you have already downloaded from AppData, and apply them to a folder in the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.