AntiVirus heuristics

• Groovex
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #1 by Groovex 3.4 was created by Groovex
Too many messages about viruses in this version. Do the developers want to break our computers? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 3.4

Groovex wrote: Too many messages about viruses in this version. Do the developers want to break our computers? :dry:

*facepalm*
It's not Reshade. It's your stupid anti-virus software getting it wrong.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Martigen.

• Groovex
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by Groovex Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4

Martigen wrote:

Groovex wrote: Too many messages about viruses in this version. Do the developers want to break our computers? :dry:

*facepalm*

*facepalm*
Stupid is just you. Different people with different antiviruses write that in the latest releases there are viruses.

• klotim
More
5 years 7 months ago #4 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic 3.4

Groovex wrote:

Martigen wrote:

*facepalm*

*facepalm*
Stupid is just you. Different people with different antiviruses write that in the latest releases there are viruses.

SO tell me what does those "viruses" do? Any proof that they "do" anything huh? Bring it.

• Martigen
More
5 years 7 months ago #5 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 3.4

Groovex wrote:

Martigen wrote:

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

No, your anti-virus really is stupid.

Anti-virus programs utilise at least two techniques: known virus signatures, and heuristic detection. The latter looks for behavior like injecting, and says 'Hey! This is a virus because it's injecting!'

Reshade is an injector.

It is not a virus.

Hence, your anti-virus is stupid. It is not smart enough to understand the difference.

This comes us up every single release. And it will keep coming up every single release. You have two solutions: wait for each release to be white-listed, which may not happen with frequent releases and so many products on the market; or utilise common sense and don't believe that what your software tells you is true. Software, like people, is not all knowing.

• Groovex
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #6 by Groovex Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4

Martigen wrote:

Groovex wrote:

Martigen wrote:

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

No, your anti-virus really is stupid.

Anti-virus programs utilise at least two techniques: known virus signatures, and heuristic detection. The latter looks for behavior like injecting, and says 'Hey! This is a virus because it's injecting!'

Reshade is an injector.

It is not a virus.

Hence, your anti-virus is stupid. It is not smart enough to understand the difference.

This comes us up every single release. And it will keep coming up every single release. You have two solutions: wait for each release to be white-listed, which may not happen with frequent releases and so many products on the market; or utilise common sense and don't believe that what your software tells you is true. Software, like people, is not all knowing.

What kind of nonsense are you talking about? There was a lot of evidence in this thread that there are viruses in this version. Are you a developer friend, a developer? Is that why you justify the presence of viruses in this version? Not ashamed? I have earlier versions (3.1.1, 3.3.2, 3.0.7, 3.0.8.) and there are no viruses and suspicions at all. There are no threats in these versions. You are a liar and a scoundrel who deceives people. In addition, a stupid person who is trying to blame everything on an antivirus
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Groovex.

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 7 months ago #7 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 3.4
LOL The hell hahahahahaha

• brussell
More
5 years 7 months ago #8 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic 3.4
He must be 10 years old. Or stupid. Probably both.
@Groovex: please google "antivirus false positive" asap please.

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 7 months ago #9 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic 3.4
Solution is simple: verify source code on github yourself (ReShade is open source after all) for any malicious parts and build it yourself. Antiviruses can have false positives, that's just how heuristics work. From a developer perspective it's better to flag one false positive too often than don't flag a true malware so all Antiviruses are biased that way.

LOIC for example is always flagged as malicious even though it doesn't do anything without the user. It's just often packed with viruses to do its job in the background that if you download it voluntarily, the AV will get a meltdown.

• Groovex
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #10 by Groovex Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4

brussell wrote: He must be 10 years old. Or stupid. Probably both.
@Groovex: please google "antivirus false positive" asap please.

Stupid is just you. There are many proofs of my words in the subject. And what do you have? Nothing.

• Tojkar
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #11 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic 3.4

Groovex wrote: There are many proofs of my words in the subject. And what do you have? Nothing.

State the proofs if you have any, it's not anybody else's job to go looking for them when you are using them as an argument. You also mentioned many such reports from this very forum. I've been reading this very intensively since the reshade version 3 and I've never seen any kind of proof that there are viruses. Only confused reports about heuristc false positives. Never any report of the reshade files or executables actually doing anything harmful beyond an occasional bug which only affect reshade itself and never the system.

TLDR; Show us the proof if there are any. It's your job, not ours, to find them.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Tojkar.

• Groovex
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #12 by Groovex Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4

Tojkar wrote:

Groovex wrote: There are many proofs of my words in the subject. And what do you have? Nothing.

State the proofs if you have any, it's not anybody else's job to go looking for them when you are using them as an argument. You also mentioned many such reports from this very forum. I've been reading this very intensively since the reshade version 3 and I've never seen any kind of proof that there are viruses. Only confused reports about heuristc false positives. Never any report of the reshade files or executables actually doing anything harmful beyond an occasional bug which only affect reshade itself and never the system.

TLDR; Show us the proof if there are any. It's your job, not ours, to find them.

I've shown many times that there are viruses in one version or another. In this topic, there is a lot of evidence from different people who do not know each other. You are just a liar and an impudent person who does not see the facts at face value and is trying to deceive people. You say that you read carefully, but it's a lie. If you carefully read, then saw in this thread a lot of evidence that the virus in this version is. I'm amazed at how bad some people can be. They want to infect our computers and ask their friends to write that there are no viruses in this version.

P.S. I see that some people here are trolls and want to infect our computers with viruses. Communicate with them does not make sense. Guys, be careful and do not trust these rascals who lie. Do not click on the .exe file if you downloaded this version. Check it before for viruses.

• Tojkar
More
5 years 7 months ago #13 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic 3.4
I repeat: It's your job to show us the evidence supporting your claims. Not our job to go look for it. Please, quote the posts here showing the evidence. If you can't do that, it's completely fair to assume you are a troll and there are not any evidence to be found.

• Groovex
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #14 by Groovex Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4
Why my posts were moved to a general section and another topic was created on my behalf? Developers were ashamed and not happy to hear the truth? Instead of fixing your mistakes and clearing the release of viruses, you come up with ugly moves. I did not create this topic! Do not mislead people, rascals! I wrote in the main theme 3.4 version where there was a lot of evidence of my words about viruses in the release!

P.S. I see that some people here are trolls and want to infect our computers with viruses. Communicate with them does not make sense. Guys, be careful and do not trust these rascals who lie. Do not click on the .exe file if you downloaded this version. Check it before for viruses.

P.S.S.
Warning: Spoiler!

• Groovex
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #15 by Groovex Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4
Too many messages about viruses in this version. Do the developers want to break our computers? :dry:

P.S.

• MaxG3D
More
5 years 7 months ago #16 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic 3.4
We got a perfect example of why age limit for internet should be a thing.

@Groovex

I hope you gonna feel really embarrassed once the databases update and the .exe will magically be free of viruses. I sincerely hope it will teach you to do some research before spouting some random garbage on the internet.

• Groovex
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #17 by Groovex Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4

MaxG3D wrote: We got a perfect example of why age limit for internet should be a thing.

@Groovex

I hope you gonna feel really embarrassed once the databases update and the .exe will magically be free of viruses. I sincerely hope it will teach you to do some research before spouting some random garbage on the internet.

Garbage? I threw off the proof like so many other people in that topic. All you can do is lie and insult me, calling me a child, although I'm 25 years old. You are stupid, bad and not honest. I hope your conscience will devour you and later versions of the program will be without viruses, which you decided to stuff it.

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #18 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic 3.4
I repeat myself here, source code is open, go and verify it yourself for any malicious code and compile it yourself then. That way you can get a version you can trust. This solution is so obvious, I wonder why you haven't thought of that.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Marty McFly.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.