AntiVirus heuristics

More
2 years 1 month ago #1 by Groovex
3.4 was created by Groovex
Too many messages about viruses in this version. Do the developers want to break our computers? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #2 by Martigen
Replied by Martigen on topic 3.4

Groovex wrote: Too many messages about viruses in this version. Do the developers want to break our computers? :dry:

*facepalm*
It's not Reshade. It's your stupid anti-virus software getting it wrong.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Martigen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #3 by Groovex
Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4

Martigen wrote:

Groovex wrote: Too many messages about viruses in this version. Do the developers want to break our computers? :dry:

*facepalm*
It's not Reshade. It's your stupid anti-virus software getting it wrong.

*facepalm*
Stupid is just you. Different people with different antiviruses write that in the latest releases there are viruses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #4 by klotim
Replied by klotim on topic 3.4

Groovex wrote:

Martigen wrote:

Groovex wrote: Too many messages about viruses in this version. Do the developers want to break our computers? :dry:

*facepalm*
It's not Reshade. It's your stupid anti-virus software getting it wrong.

*facepalm*
Stupid is just you. Different people with different antiviruses write that in the latest releases there are viruses.

SO tell me what does those "viruses" do? Any proof that they "do" anything huh? Bring it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #5 by Martigen
Replied by Martigen on topic 3.4

Groovex wrote:

Martigen wrote:

Groovex wrote: Too many messages about viruses in this version. Do the developers want to break our computers? :dry:

*facepalm*
It's not Reshade. It's your stupid anti-virus software getting it wrong.

*facepalm*
Stupid is just you. Different people with different antiviruses write that in the latest releases there are viruses.

No, your anti-virus really is stupid.

Anti-virus programs utilise at least two techniques: known virus signatures, and heuristic detection. The latter looks for behavior like injecting, and says 'Hey! This is a virus because it's injecting!'

Reshade is an injector.

It is not a virus.

Hence, your anti-virus is stupid. It is not smart enough to understand the difference.

This comes us up every single release. And it will keep coming up every single release. You have two solutions: wait for each release to be white-listed, which may not happen with frequent releases and so many products on the market; or utilise common sense and don't believe that what your software tells you is true. Software, like people, is not all knowing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #6 by Groovex
Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4

Martigen wrote:

Groovex wrote:

Martigen wrote:

Groovex wrote: Too many messages about viruses in this version. Do the developers want to break our computers? :dry:

*facepalm*
It's not Reshade. It's your stupid anti-virus software getting it wrong.

*facepalm*
Stupid is just you. Different people with different antiviruses write that in the latest releases there are viruses.

No, your anti-virus really is stupid.

Anti-virus programs utilise at least two techniques: known virus signatures, and heuristic detection. The latter looks for behavior like injecting, and says 'Hey! This is a virus because it's injecting!'

Reshade is an injector.

It is not a virus.

Hence, your anti-virus is stupid. It is not smart enough to understand the difference.

This comes us up every single release. And it will keep coming up every single release. You have two solutions: wait for each release to be white-listed, which may not happen with frequent releases and so many products on the market; or utilise common sense and don't believe that what your software tells you is true. Software, like people, is not all knowing.

What kind of nonsense are you talking about? There was a lot of evidence in this thread that there are viruses in this version. Are you a developer friend, a developer? Is that why you justify the presence of viruses in this version? Not ashamed? I have earlier versions (3.1.1, 3.3.2, 3.0.7, 3.0.8.) and there are no viruses and suspicions at all. There are no threats in these versions. You are a liar and a scoundrel who deceives people. In addition, a stupid person who is trying to blame everything on an antivirus
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Groovex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #7 by Wicked Sick
Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 3.4
LOL The hell hahahahahaha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #8 by brussell
Replied by brussell on topic 3.4
He must be 10 years old. Or stupid. Probably both.
@Groovex: please google "antivirus false positive" asap please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #9 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic 3.4
Solution is simple: verify source code on github yourself (ReShade is open source after all) for any malicious parts and build it yourself. Antiviruses can have false positives, that's just how heuristics work. From a developer perspective it's better to flag one false positive too often than don't flag a true malware so all Antiviruses are biased that way.

LOIC for example is always flagged as malicious even though it doesn't do anything without the user. It's just often packed with viruses to do its job in the background that if you download it voluntarily, the AV will get a meltdown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #10 by Groovex
Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4

brussell wrote: He must be 10 years old. Or stupid. Probably both.
@Groovex: please google "antivirus false positive" asap please.

Stupid is just you. There are many proofs of my words in the subject. And what do you have? Nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #11 by Tojkar
Replied by Tojkar on topic 3.4

Groovex wrote: There are many proofs of my words in the subject. And what do you have? Nothing.

State the proofs if you have any, it's not anybody else's job to go looking for them when you are using them as an argument. You also mentioned many such reports from this very forum. I've been reading this very intensively since the reshade version 3 and I've never seen any kind of proof that there are viruses. Only confused reports about heuristc false positives. Never any report of the reshade files or executables actually doing anything harmful beyond an occasional bug which only affect reshade itself and never the system.

TLDR; Show us the proof if there are any. It's your job, not ours, to find them.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Tojkar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #12 by Groovex
Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4

Tojkar wrote:

Groovex wrote: There are many proofs of my words in the subject. And what do you have? Nothing.

State the proofs if you have any, it's not anybody else's job to go looking for them when you are using them as an argument. You also mentioned many such reports from this very forum. I've been reading this very intensively since the reshade version 3 and I've never seen any kind of proof that there are viruses. Only confused reports about heuristc false positives. Never any report of the reshade files or executables actually doing anything harmful beyond an occasional bug which only affect reshade itself and never the system.

TLDR; Show us the proof if there are any. It's your job, not ours, to find them.

I've shown many times that there are viruses in one version or another. In this topic, there is a lot of evidence from different people who do not know each other. You are just a liar and an impudent person who does not see the facts at face value and is trying to deceive people. You say that you read carefully, but it's a lie. If you carefully read, then saw in this thread a lot of evidence that the virus in this version is. I'm amazed at how bad some people can be. They want to infect our computers and ask their friends to write that there are no viruses in this version.

P.S. I see that some people here are trolls and want to infect our computers with viruses. Communicate with them does not make sense. Guys, be careful and do not trust these rascals who lie. Do not click on the .exe file if you downloaded this version. Check it before for viruses.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Groovex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #13 by Tojkar
Replied by Tojkar on topic 3.4
I repeat: It's your job to show us the evidence supporting your claims. Not our job to go look for it. Please, quote the posts here showing the evidence. If you can't do that, it's completely fair to assume you are a troll and there are not any evidence to be found.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #14 by Groovex
Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4
Why my posts were moved to a general section and another topic was created on my behalf? Developers were ashamed and not happy to hear the truth? Instead of fixing your mistakes and clearing the release of viruses, you come up with ugly moves. I did not create this topic! Do not mislead people, rascals! I wrote in the main theme 3.4 version where there was a lot of evidence of my words about viruses in the release!

P.S. I see that some people here are trolls and want to infect our computers with viruses. Communicate with them does not make sense. Guys, be careful and do not trust these rascals who lie. Do not click on the .exe file if you downloaded this version. Check it before for viruses.

P.S.S.
Warning: Spoiler!

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Groovex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #15 by Groovex
Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4
Too many messages about viruses in this version. Do the developers want to break our computers? :dry:

P.S.
Warning: Spoiler!

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Groovex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #16 by MaxG3D
Replied by MaxG3D on topic 3.4
We got a perfect example of why age limit for internet should be a thing.

@Groovex

I hope you gonna feel really embarrassed once the databases update and the .exe will magically be free of viruses. I sincerely hope it will teach you to do some research before spouting some random garbage on the internet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #17 by Groovex
Replied by Groovex on topic 3.4

MaxG3D wrote: We got a perfect example of why age limit for internet should be a thing.

@Groovex

I hope you gonna feel really embarrassed once the databases update and the .exe will magically be free of viruses. I sincerely hope it will teach you to do some research before spouting some random garbage on the internet.

Garbage? I threw off the proof like so many other people in that topic. All you can do is lie and insult me, calling me a child, although I'm 25 years old. You are stupid, bad and not honest. I hope your conscience will devour you and later versions of the program will be without viruses, which you decided to stuff it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #18 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic 3.4
I repeat myself here, source code is open, go and verify it yourself for any malicious code and compile it yourself then. That way you can get a version you can trust. This solution is so obvious, I wonder why you haven't thought of that.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.