[SOLVED] Debug/Release Apps Do Not Work...

• Daodan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #1 by Daodan [SOLVED] Debug/Release Apps Do Not Work... was created by Daodan
Instead of posting a suggestion in the forum I wanted to try to change a couple of things by myself but the Debug App and Release App don't seem to work.

When I run the Debug App in Visual Studio I just get the following output:
Warning: Spoiler!

Running the Release App throws an exception:

Any ideas what I can do to make them work?

I use Windows 10 Pro N 64-Bit-Version.

[edit]
Using the self-compiled ReShade.dll in a game works fine btw.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Daodan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• seri14
More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Debug/Release Apps Do Not Work in Visual Studio
How about to turning off to RivaTuner Statistics Server?

• Daodan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Debug/Release Apps Do Not Work in Visual Studio

seri14 wrote: How about to turning off to RivaTuner Statistics Server?

Thanks for the suggestion but sadly that doesn't solve the problem. The entry for RivaTuner Statistics Server disappears in the output and the debug app still exits with code 1. And the release app still throws an exception.

• crosire
More
5 years 4 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Debug/Release Apps Do Not Work in Visual Studio
You need to run it with one of the following arguments to select which rendering API to use for running the app:
-d3d9
-d3d11
-opengl

Otherwise it won't do anything and exit with code 1 right away.
Visual Studio has an option in the debugging section of the project properties to set command-line arguments.

• Daodan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #5 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Debug/Release Apps Do Not Work in Visual Studio
Thanks. Not having the argument set was the issue. It works now. :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.