ReShade Settings & Install Guides

• Aeyvi
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #1 by Aeyvi ReShade Settings & Install Guides was created by Aeyvi
Hi there!

These guides have been out for a while now and I was always apprehensive to post them here, as they are far from perfect but I poured my heart into producing them so I hoped perhaps they might be useful to others. I would like to stress, I am no expert and I do not get paid to promote this, and yes MMOGames has horrid adverts in the background (I'm sorry!). I tried to copy majority of guides over to this site but sadly the images don't come across, rendering them useless. They are primarily written for FFXIV (and a little behind in versions now but I will improve/update them when time allows) but the theory is the same across platforms and the visuals in the guide are still a decent representation of capabilities. Please, please forgive any horrid mistakes, I've done my best but I know there are many on this site far more experienced and educated than me. Constructive feedback is always welcome, I'm still learning!
I would like to thank all of those who work on ReShade for giving us such a wonderful tool to expand our creativity within gaming environments! It's been a joy to work with and I continue to enjoy it, thank you so so much for taking a look I really hope they can be of some use. <3

~Aeyvi
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Aeyvi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Wicked Sick, seri14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic ReShade Settings & Install Guides
Great guide, Aevi. I saw that you are having issues with Magic Bloom. Right now, I am playing a game that will not allow me to use ReShade, something I hate very much, so I can't test very quick to see if I experience the same issue as you described on your guide "As soon as you exit the ReShade menu it turns the filter off" with 4.0.2.

But are you sure that you didn't bind this particular shader toggle key to the same as the ReShade's UI key?

Also, Luluco has the Arcane Bloom, I think it is better, try it sometime, it's an improvement over the Magic Bloom.

here is his Github, if you didn't had the chance yet:

github.com/luluco250/FXShaders

• seri14
More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic ReShade Settings & Install Guides
I think it is technique sortings problem.
Do not put the MagicBloom and EyeAdaption (if enabled) at the end.
Other things, show clock time with alpha value to 0.

Echoes of Eorzea: ReShade Install Guide
>> Adaptive Fog not working: ...

On the FFXIV, user must (when init, not require 3.1.0 and less) set the value of _REVERSED to 0.
Users must work to adjust the calculation formula types between that game side and ReShade side for effects (method of photo blur etc.) which changes depending on the depth.

• Aeyvi
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #4 by Aeyvi Replied by Aeyvi on topic ReShade Settings & Install Guides

Wicked Sick wrote: Great guide, Aevi. I saw that you are having issues with Magic Bloom. Right now, I am playing a game that will not allow me to use ReShade, something I hate very much, so I can't test very quick to see if I experience the same issue as you described on your guide "As soon as you exit the ReShade menu it turns the filter off" with 4.0.2.

But are you sure that you didn't bind this particular shader toggle key to the same as the ReShade's UI key?

Also, Luluco has the Arcane Bloom, I think it is better, try it sometime, it's an improvement over the Magic Bloom.

here is his Github, if you didn't had the chance yet:

github.com/luluco250/FXShaders

Thank you so much for the reply!

Yes, since the guide was published I solved the problem by putting Magic Bloom at the top in the .ini file though with newer versions you can just drag it to the top up the menu in the in game interface - I really should update that I'm so sorry. I'll get that modified once I compile some changes! <3

• Aeyvi
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #5 by Aeyvi Replied by Aeyvi on topic ReShade Settings & Install Guides

seri14 wrote: I think it is technique sortings problem.
Do not put the MagicBloom and EyeAdaption (if enabled) at the end.
Other things, show clock time with alpha value to 0.

Echoes of Eorzea: ReShade Install Guide
>> Adaptive Fog not working: ...

On the FFXIV, user must (when init, not require 3.1.0 and less) set the value of _REVERSED to 0.
Users must work to adjust the calculation formula types between that game side and ReShade side for effects (method of photo blur etc.) which changes depending on the depth.

Hi there! Thank you for the response <3, yep, I should have updated and will add thay to the list to modify - it flicks on and off due to network activity or lots of animations on the screen (rain in ESO for example). Same thing happens with DoF and similar shaders. I can test out ordering in newer versions but in earlier ones (when this was published) reordering didn't word.. Doh!

• seri14
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #6 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic ReShade Settings & Install Guides
In the case of The Elder Scrolls Online with ReShade version 3.1.1 or greater, User must enable option the [Copy depth before clearing].
But, this option effects that delay of the depth of field buffer.
There is no way to solve it now.

User's Tweet (use 3.4.1, look second one)

TOPIC: I want to fix what 3.1.0-3.1.1 dof detection issue

In the case of the reason by the network traffic, detected buffer of depth will swap to empty for short time. it is not bug.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by seri14.

• Aeyvi
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #7 by Aeyvi Replied by Aeyvi on topic ReShade Settings & Install Guides

seri14 wrote: In the case of The Elder Scrolls Online with ReShade version 3.1.1 or greater, User must enable option the [Copy depth before clearing].
But, this option effects that delay of the depth of field buffer.
There is no way to solve it now.

User's Tweet (use 3.4.1, look second one)

TOPIC: I want to fix what 3.1.0-3.1.1 dof detection issue

In the case of the reason by the network traffic, detected buffer of depth will swap to empty for short time. it is not bug.

Hey Seri!

Thanks again for the reply and the links, I will check both out <3. My understanding more recently that it was anti-cheat mechanism more than a bug. I believe those that made stormshade modified the dll file to get around it but I know little more than that. Apparently Light Dof works for ESO so I'll give that a test soon!

Best wishes :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.