Dof work with ingame aa on!

• alter3go
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #1 by alter3go Dof work with ingame aa on! was created by alter3go
i dont know how this is possible but today reshade dof worked with ingame msaa on! happened just one time, tryed 10 times more restart, didnt work.
what could be?
usually i need to disable in game MSAA to make reshade DOF works in all his features (autofocus, mouse etc)..
this is weird but the fact that worked makes me crazy and i really wish to have this coincidence back again. :(
the game its called Virt-a-Mate, its unity based (2018.1.7) .. maybe this info could help, dunno.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by alter3go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alter3go
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #2 by alter3go Replied by alter3go on topic Dof work with ingame aa on!
i occasionally discovered that turning off and on again the ingame MSAA force the reshade AA shader to bypass somehow, this make DOF work properly. Unfortunately works only for stills images because the silouette wont be refreshed in the new position properly, to refresh the silouette position need to turn off and on the msaa again. Anyone know how to solve this?watch the example

• matsilagi
More
5 years 3 months ago #3 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Dof work with ingame aa on!

alter3go wrote: i occasionally discovered that turning off and on again the ingame MSAA force the reshade AA shader to bypass somehow, this make DOF work properly. Unfortunately works only for stills images because the silouette wont be refreshed in the new position properly, to refresh the silouette position need to turn off and on the msaa again. Anyone know how to solve this?watch the example

This is not a feature, its because ReShade stores the last depthbuffer frame into memory, so if you turn MSAA on, it stops updating because it fails to gather further frames, since you didn't change the scene, the DoF "works". But this is no way a sign that it works with MSAA on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thalixte

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.