Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to debug

How to debug 10 months 3 weeks ago #1

So I have the reshade project setup and compiling in visual studio 2015, I can build both the release and debug builds of it. However, debug builds tend to always crash when used. Is this because I am running them on non-debug games? I thought it wouldn't matter and only give debug info on reshade itself. And also, I am planning to mess around with memory modification (I.E grabbing textures from video memory/memory and displaying them in shaders), does anybody know of good tools to debug such things at runtime? Thanks for any answers!

Lee!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to debug 10 months 3 weeks ago #2

The GitHub repo states the following:
You'll need both Git and Visual Studio 2017 or higher to build ReShade. Latter is required since the project makes use of several C++14 and C++17 features. Additionally a Python 2.7.9 or later (Python 3 is supported as well) installation is necessary for the gl3w dependency to build.

I think you'll at least need to upgrade from Visual Studio 2015 to 2017.

How to debug 10 months 3 weeks ago #3

Also, if you are on Windows 10, disable the code that adds the D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_DEBUG flag which is enabled in debug builds. That causes a crash if you don't have the D3D11 SDK layers installed (which is the case by default on Windows 10 even with a Windows SDK for some reason).
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by crosire.