Making an old preset compatible with new versions?

• xanrer
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #1 by xanrer Making an old preset compatible with new versions? was created by xanrer
Hello there i have an old preset for the game/sourceport GZDOOM, its inside of an .pk3 file but its basically a casual reshade preset. however after gzdoom got updated over and over again this preset stated to not working with the game, i installed the latest version of reshade which works fine with gzdoom however whatever i tried (and im no expert at reshade) i couldn't run in properly. Can you help me with it? here is the preset:
(this was the file)
(and these where what did it supposed to look (minus the texture pack obv))
Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• seri14
More
5 years 3 months ago #2 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Making an old preset compatible with new versions?
It seems these files is early commits of shader repository.
The latest version uses different format. (it preset is using 0.19.x. latest is 4.0.x)
And updated the fx compile environment when the released ReShade 4.0.0, so I think it is not compatible.

1. Do full scratch to make this workable.
2. Give up and simulate this preset using latest effects.

• xanrer
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #3 by xanrer Replied by xanrer on topic Making an old preset compatible with new versions?
The version i tried before was 3.x (sorry for saying latest i didn't even know 4 was out) since it worked fine with my version of gzdoom yet it didn't work with this shader either (as you said its 0.19), can we at least make it work between 0.19 and 3.x?

• crosire
More
5 years 3 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Making an old preset compatible with new versions?
No. ReShade 3.0 was a major rewrite. Anything since is backwards compatible (so you can use 3.X presets in 4.0). But presets older than that are not usable.

• xanrer
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #5 by xanrer Replied by xanrer on topic Making an old preset compatible with new versions?
Uuh.. Haven't tried 2 yet.. Will that work or is it a bump from the start?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.