Versioned Shaders, Easy Anti Cheat & Apex Legends

• woobilicious
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by woobilicious Versioned Shaders, Easy Anti Cheat & Apex Legends was created by woobilicious
So recently I started playing some Apex Legends on my GTX 760, and wanted to sharpen the image, because of that awful TSAA is basically required for potato hardware to maintain 60fps.

Apex Legends uses Easy Anti Cheat, and only specific versions of Reshade are whitelisted. So I went and downloaded 3.1.1, a known whitelisted version.

Ran the installer, and launched Apex legends, and got about 100 error messages because all the shaders (I assume) only work with the latest version of Reshade.

I went through and deleted all the shaders except the single one I needed (LumaSharpen) and it loads fine now, but the UI is missing settings (sharp_strength, sharp_clamp, offset_bias), which I can change through the .ini file, but is a little harder to use than just the UI.

It seems to me that Shaders github can be tagged on the commit for that version of Reshade, new versions of Reshade can download the tagged "branch" to make it more robust to version changes (obviously we cannot release old versions with this new download method because EAC will not have whitelisted this modified version).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Versioned Shaders, Easy Anti Cheat & Apex Legends
Yep, you're right. Shaders you download automatically when installing reshade in a game are not compatible with older versions. You can download working shaders for your version here: Magical link to navigate through hopes and dreams

• ElicXX
More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by ElicXX Replied by ElicXX on topic Versioned Shaders, Easy Anti Cheat & Apex Legends
I'm almost in the same boat with The DIvision 2...
ReShade 3.4.1 is the latest version i got it working with but got compiling errors on startup... :pinch:
Please is there ReShade 3.4.1 Shaders and Textures to download from somewhere?

Would be much appreciated!! :)

• seri14
More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Versioned Shaders, Easy Anti Cheat & Apex Legends
Download from github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/tree/...f4e399be40f4f903015a

Click [Clone or download], and click [Download ZIP]

• ElicXX
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #5 by ElicXX Replied by ElicXX on topic Versioned Shaders, Easy Anti Cheat & Apex Legends
Really? Damn this was fast! :)
Many thanks for your help seri14! :)
May i'm allowed to ask what do i have to do to find those older files? I was searching for hours and couldn't find anything... :blink:
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by ElicXX.

• seri14
More
5 years 1 month ago #6 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Versioned Shaders, Easy Anti Cheat & Apex Legends
Compare to tags of reshade repository.
ReShade releases
github.com/crosire/reshade/releases
ReShade-Shaders commits
github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/commits/master
3.x reshade is not compatible with 4.x shaders, so you should to search the last commit it before 4.x tag.

• ivan2340
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #7 by ivan2340 Replied by ivan2340 on topic Versioned Shaders, Easy Anti Cheat & Apex Legends
Just download 4.0.2 it's whitelisted

www.easy.ac/de-de/support/apexlegends/guides/whitelist/
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by ivan2340.

• ElicXX
More
5 years 1 month ago #8 by ElicXX Replied by ElicXX on topic Versioned Shaders, Easy Anti Cheat & Apex Legends

ivan2340 wrote: Just download 4.0.2 it's whitelisted

www.easy.ac/de-de/support/apexlegends/guides/whitelist/

Oh nice! :) Many thx for letting me know ivan.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.