Effects and Settings for Thief: Deadly Shadows

• creaseycj
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 week ago #1 by creaseycj Effects and Settings for Thief: Deadly Shadows was created by creaseycj
Hello everyone! I have a few questions regarding the most effective effects to use for Theif: Deadly Shadows. I've tried using MXAO, FXAA and SMAA to which I was unable to see any noticeable difference, aside from MXAO, which only affected the HUD by blacking it out which is non-beneficial. Is antialiasing worth trying to use for this game as well as MXAO? If you have settings that work for you with these effects please let me know, also if there are other effects worth using. Any screen shot comparisons would also be greatly appreciated. Much thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lowenz
More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #2 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Effects and Settings for Thief: Deadly Shadows
You must use a wrapper (d3d8to9 by Crosire himself -> dx9 / dgVoodoo2 ->dxgi)

Depth buffer detection is not working right (the depth buffer is kind of strange in wrapped Unreal Warfare engine games, like Deus Ex Invisible War of Thief Deadly Shadows), so forget MXAO and other depth-related effects.
For TDS remember to use SneakyUpgrade (see TTLG forum about that) ;)
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by lowenz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jupiter065

• Jupiter065
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #3 by Jupiter065 Replied by Jupiter065 on topic Effects and Settings for Thief: Deadly Shadows
For anyone who finds this thread on google (like I did), you can enable depth buffer effects with newer versions of reshade (I'm on 4.7.0). Using d3d8to9, you need to set the "Copy depth buffer before clear operations" option under the DX9 tab, and go into the Reshade.ini file and add or set RESHADE_DEPTH_MULTIPLIER=2.0 in the PreprocessorDefinitions setting under [GENERAL]
i.e.
[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
PreserveDepthBufferIndex=0
UseAspectRatioHeuristics=0

[GENERAL]
PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_MULTIPLIER=2.0

I'm currently playing the game in VR with Depth3D and it's great
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Jupiter065.
The following user(s) said Thank You: creaseycj

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.