ReShade is Still Inferior to SweetFX

• anonymous5
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #1 by anonymous5 ReShade is Still Inferior to SweetFX was created by anonymous5
I go to try to manually create my own preset for the first time using ReShade on Rainbow Six: Siege, because ReShade made every single visual preset ever made before it obsolete and worthless, only to find out ReShade breaks the game by displaying a tiny duplicate window in the top-left hand side of the screen. Now instead of having to manually create a preset, I am unable to do anything.

This software had good intentions but it was a huge mistake to make it incompatible with thousands of now-irreplaceable SweetFX presets, and it was a huge mistake to use a broken interface that caused problems like the one described above. None of this happened with SweetFX because those developers knew the most important goals were, seamless use and compatibility. I hope ReShade can improve because right now, it is not looking like the successor to anything.

Version Used: 4.2.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
4 years 11 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic ReShade is Still Inferior to SweetFX

anonymous5 wrote: I go to try to manually create my own preset for the first time using ReShade on Rainbow Six: Siege, because ReShade made every single visual preset ever made before it obsolete and worthless, only to find out ReShade breaks the game by displaying a tiny duplicate window in the top-left hand side of the screen. Now instead of having to manually create a preset, I am unable to do anything.

This software had good intentions but it was a huge mistake to make it incompatible with thousands of now-irreplaceable SweetFX presets, and it was a huge mistake to use a broken interface that caused problems like the one described above. None of this happened with SweetFX because those developers knew the most important goals were, seamless use and compatibility. I hope ReShade can improve because right now, it is not looking like the successor to anything.

Version Used: 4.2.1

Well that's thanks for you. Reshade is -more- compatible than SweetFX ever was -- this was one of the driving forces of its development -- and its interface is the ultimate in ease of use: you can see the effects and change them in real-time, automatically saving the preset as you go.

Instead of being an entitled knobend, how about posting detailed logs of your issue, and asking if anyone else is encountering the same problems. Considering Youtube is full of R6 videos using Reshade, you might want to consider PEBKAC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.