ReShade as part of official game binary

• bugmenot
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #1 by bugmenot ReShade as part of official game binary was created by bugmenot
Is there a way to use ReShade as part of official game binaries? I'm developing a game using OpenGL 1.x and I can modify its rendering path (presenting the depth buffer) to work well with ReShade. It would benefit greatly from the visual enhancements. Can I ship an extra OpenGL32.dll along with presets? How would I approach this? Would it be the first "official" ReShade game in existence?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade as part of official game binary
This is generally fine as long as credits are given/not removed.

• bugmenot
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by bugmenot Replied by bugmenot on topic ReShade as part of official game binary
Okay, so two more questions:
  • can I ship the "official" opengl32.dll and ReShade preset files in my own .zip file (the main page says not to do this)?
  • is there an easy way to detect ReShade running from within my game (OpenGL vendor or so)? (Is detecting 'opengl32.dll' in the application folder a good indication?)

• crosire
More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade as part of official game binary
The notice on the home page is there to discourage preset creators from shipping ReShade with their presets. I have no problems with making an exception for a game release.
There is no built-in way to detect ReShade. You can however just check where you loaded opengl32.dll from, then read the version information of that file and check if the product name contains "ReShade".

• crubino
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #5 by crubino Replied by crubino on topic ReShade as part of official game binary
Hi Crosire,

I apologize that already made a big mistake to distributed my mods (based on Reshade 2.x and customized base shaders files) bundled with your reshade binary file (d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll) and customized Reshade 2..x framework. The reason I'm doing this because for old people like me, It's very difficult to dealing with new Reshade GUI (after 3.x or newer).
Therefore with this post (sorry, if this may impolite, since I don't know your email to ask it personally), I would like to ask your permission to still share my mods with your Reshade binary (I always mentions credits to you and the other team members as authors and give link to this site in the readme file).

But, if you don't allow it, I promise to pull out all mods that I ready made based on your Reshade 2.x from some online sites.
And I would like to apologize with all damages that I've made.

Warm regards,
Chris
crubino@outlook.com
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by crubino.

• crosire
More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade as part of official game binary
I would very much prefer all traces of ReShade versions before 3 disappear from the internet as I'm not exactly proud of them. It's also easier for me to deduce bug reports if I can guarantee that people are using the latest version, because they downloaded it from this site, rather than somewhere else.
The more important question here is why you have difficulties with the GUI and what can be done to fix that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crubino

• crubino
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #7 by crubino Replied by crubino on topic ReShade as part of official game binary
Thanks Crosire,
I can understand it now. Even though you should proud with Reshade versions before 3. It's so great and wonderful. At least for someone like me.
I even a big fan of all your work since eFX (yes, I was the first person that combined eFX as proxy injector with SweetFX to made it work with windows 8 ).
Some called it as "Frankenstein SweetFX" but I didn't care as long as it can work wonderful in Windows 8 in that time. :lol:

The more important question here is why you have difficulties with the GUI and what can be done to fix that.

I have a difficult time to dealing with tabs and sliders to change some values.
And i can't get precision number with that. Sure I can double click to get it, but sometimes it works, sometimes it's not.
Sure I can edit the preset directly with notepad, but still I'm getting lost with that. Especially for shader with many parameters (e.g. DOF). I'm sorry that I may not as smart as many others people out there.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by crubino.

• bugmenot
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #8 by bugmenot Replied by bugmenot on topic ReShade as part of official game binary

crosire wrote: There is no built-in way to detect ReShade. You can however just check where you loaded opengl32.dll from, then read the version information of that file and check if the product name contains "ReShade".

OK, I'll go with that way. One more question/feature request: is it possible to have ReShade run shaders and effects at the time the (detected) depth buffer gets cleared instead of on *present() calls? I read the OpenGL injector source code and it seems to only trigger on *present(), but it might be useful to offer an 'on detected glClear(GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT)'-trigger as well so that UI elements (rendered later) don't get shaded.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by bugmenot.

• JBeckman
More
4 years 10 months ago #9 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic ReShade as part of official game binary

crubino wrote: Thanks Crosire,
I can understand it now. Even though you should proud with Reshade versions before 3. It's so great and wonderful. At least for someone like me.
I even a big fan of all your work since eFX (yes, I was the first person that combined eFX as proxy injector with SweetFX to made it work with windows 8 ).
Some called it as "Frankenstein SweetFX" but I didn't care as long as it can work wonderful in Windows 8 in that time. :lol:

I have a difficult time to dealing with tabs and sliders to change some values.
And i can't get precision number with that. Sure I can double click to get it, but sometimes it works, sometimes it's not.
Sure I can edit the preset directly with notepad, but still I'm getting lost with that. Especially for shader with many parameters (e.g. DOF). I'm sorry that I may not as smart as many others people out there.

Depending on how the game is hooking up mouse and keyboard input then for some games it's on the software and nothing you are doing that is acting up. :)
Or in other words even using modifier keys like control or shift and trying to click and set a manual value will fail although dragging the slider could still work.

But for the slider then in the shader file itself there's usually lines for how much each "tick" changes this value when dragged around so you have to open them up in a text editor and probably lower the value down further to make it easier to fine tune and have precise control. :)

• Uncle Crassius
More
4 years 10 months ago #10 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic ReShade as part of official game binary
Control+click works for me pretty reliably when double click won't do it.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.