FidelityFX CAS to ReShade Help

• loccothan
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1 by loccothan FidelityFX CAS to ReShade Help was created by loccothan

I ported FidelityFX CAS to ReShade so anyone can use it, with nearly any game

1 Download ffx_a.h and ffx_cas.h from the GPUOpen repository (click "Raw" then you can Ctrl-S the file)
2 Download my wrapper shader and save it as FidelityFX_CAS.fx (same again, "Raw" then save)
3 Put all three files in your ReShade shader folder
4 Tweak the sharpness parameter to your liking. AMD recommends leaving it at 0.0 for minimal artifacts but it can be increased up to 1.0 for more aggressive sharpening.

www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cc0575/i_p...shade_so_anyone_can/

What can we do to make this Tweak Work?
Tried with Reshade 4.3 & 2.0.3 it's not working.

==
Ok I've got some help (here is working solution):
1. Download ffx_a.h and ffx_cas.h from the GPUOpen repository (click "Raw" then you can Ctrl-S the file)
2. Download my wrapper shader and save it as FidelityFX_CAS.fx (same again, "Raw" then save, and rename it to FidelityFX_CAS.fx)
3. Put all three files in your ReShade 4.x shader folder
4. Shift F2 then 4 Tweak the sharpness of the parameter FidelityFX_CAS to your liking.

There is another config for FidelityFX_CAS (rename it also) use one or another or both, just name it: FidelityFX_CAS_V2 ;)
-> pastebin.com/iUmDXTVP (Raw then Ctr+S and rename it)
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by loccothan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty McFly, Viper_Joe, Marty, Vad1us, pyewacket

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Qsimil
More
4 years 9 months ago #2 by Qsimil Replied by Qsimil on topic FidelityFX CAS to ReShade Help
Tried it and it works, you could try to use this one.:
pastebin.com/iUmDXTVP

What GFX card you have?

• loccothan
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #3 by loccothan Replied by loccothan on topic FidelityFX CAS to ReShade Help
THX now it's fine B) :)

ZEN 8/16 3.92GHz + HeroVI + 32GB 4x8 4133CL19 + Vega LiQuiD (Original XTX by AMD) & SB-Zx

• Marty McFly
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic FidelityFX CAS to ReShade Help
Note that this version doesn't have the CAS_GO_SLOWER (not sure what's that for) and CAS_BETTER_DIAGONALS defined.
To enable that, you just need to add the preprocessor defines in the wrapper file, then it's fine :cheer:

I'm currently working on optimizing the full version, 64 -> 43 instructions, 11 -> 8 registers rn.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, loccothan

• loccothan
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #5 by loccothan Replied by loccothan on topic FidelityFX CAS to ReShade Help
How can we do that?
Please Add it to paste bin and then i will update the thread :)

Then we can be assured it is working
Tweaked by Marty McFly :P

• Crystrex
More
4 years 9 months ago #6 by Crystrex Replied by Crystrex on topic FidelityFX CAS to ReShade Help
Thx a lot! This shader is awesome and should be in reshade by default.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.