Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is it possible to reshade UWP games?

Is it possible to reshade UWP games? 4 months 2 weeks ago #1

Is it possible to reshade "universal windows platform" games like Forza ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is it possible to reshade UWP games? 2 months 2 weeks ago #2

Anyone??

Is it possible to reshade UWP games? 2 months 2 weeks ago #3

It's being worked on

Is it possible to reshade UWP games? 2 months 2 weeks ago #4

The thing with UWP is i.e. i can't get a permission to write into the app's directories. Taking ownership doesn't help etc. and in general there's a lot of hassle involved. For example, it wouldn't be a problem to use Reshade with UWP Gears 5 rn if you could actually place Reshade's files into the Gears 5 directory, but you can't. So unless you can hook Reshade in without it being located in an app's directory it won't work. Nvidia Freestyle can do that so i assume it can be done with Reshade as well, in theory.

Is it possible to reshade UWP games? 2 months 2 weeks ago #5

pyewacket wrote:
The thing with UWP is i.e. i can't get a permission to write into the app's directories. Taking ownership doesn't help etc. and in general there's a lot of hassle involved. For example, it wouldn't be a problem to use Reshade with UWP Gears 5 rn if you could actually place Reshade's files into the Gears 5 directory, but you can't. So unless you can hook Reshade in without it being located in an app's directory it won't work. Nvidia Freestyle can do that so i assume it can be done with Reshade as well, in theory.

I managed to put the files in the Gears 5 folder, in Windows developer mode, and changing the Windows ACL (exactly, in the folder where Gears5.exe resides). The pb with Gears 5 is the EasyAnticheat lib that disallows reshade to hook at start. So, reshade will not work with gears 5, except if the next Reshade release is allowed by EasyAnticheat. Nevertheless, i heard that there were other solutions for Gears 5 (and Reshade seems to work fine with it)....
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by thalixte.

Is it possible to reshade UWP games? 2 months 2 weeks ago #6

I'll dig about ACL, at the time i couldn't find a solution to that problem, my win10 is in dev mode afaik and in the Gears5.exe folder it just wouldn't let me change the permissions. As for other solutions, i heard no such things, if you know something a link or direction would be appreciated.

Is it possible to reshade UWP games? 2 months 2 weeks ago #7

Wouldnt it be possible to use an injector from outside the gears 5 directory?

Is it possible to reshade UWP games? 2 months 2 weeks ago #8

Aelius Maximus wrote:
Wouldnt it be possible to use an injector from outside the gears 5 directory?

Yeah, what about some sort of toggleable mechanism for globally hooking dxgi ?