Lumasharpening settings

• shaly
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1 by shaly Lumasharpening settings was created by shaly
Heyo, so I'm new here and hope this is the right forum for this, basically I play a lot of FPS games and currently use Lumasharpen at its standard value to eliminate the horrendous blurr effect TAA applies to the game. Now my Question is, are the standard values fine for an FPS game, or should I tweak them around a bit? I have absolutely no clue about reshade and its also the only filter I use, having bad eyes already and finding out about this just 2 days ago was a serious blessing. Or is it best to just pump the sharpening strength to max while not changing the limit and offset? I just want a sharper image, but not make it look fake or anything like that. Thanks and have a great day!
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by shaly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Lumasharpening settings
Hi, and welcome aboard!

The way I see it, it won't exist a perfect value for any game, since each one of them behave differently: Battlefield, for example, uses a quite aggressive sharpening filter on its own, so, in this case, increasing sharpness further more via Reshade will easily lead to oversharpening (the annoying halos around objects).

Anyway, Reshade is all about your personal preferences, so feel free to experiment which settings better suits for you and remember that, if you feel uncomfortable with your changes, you can always restore the original values by right clicking on them.

• The Janitor
More
4 years 5 months ago #3 by The Janitor Replied by The Janitor on topic Lumasharpening settings

Duran.te wrote: Battlefield, for example, uses a quite aggressive sharpening filter on its own, so, in this case, increasing sharpness further more via Reshade will easily lead to oversharpening (the annoying halos around objects)

Just want to add that the sharpening filter in most Frostbite engine games is tied to the post-processing option. So you can disable it by setting this option to low.
Not a lot of people seem to know this, so just putting it out there :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.