NMS, Reshade and Nvidia

• Dazaster
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #1 by Dazaster NMS, Reshade and Nvidia was created by Dazaster
Sooo..Nvidia's latest driver enables Reshade support in NMS. And it works. Sort of. Yes you can play the game running the with the new Reshade filters. No, you can't take a screenshot and capture the effects. Neither Steam Overlay nor the in-game will let you. As for Ansel, the option button to take a shot doesn't even show up. Rather annoyed right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Valorin
More
4 years 5 months ago #2 by Valorin Replied by Valorin on topic NMS, Reshade and Nvidia
NVIDIA overlay works, but I can't get Reshade to load though I'm using the Vulkan option of course.
I'd rather use real Reshade than the NVIDIA stuff. Any ideas?

• Dazaster
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #3 by Dazaster Replied by Dazaster on topic NMS, Reshade and Nvidia
Do you have the Steam version?
If so, you have to exit Steam first. Click on the hidden icons arrow bottom right of the taskbar, right click on the Steam icon, select 'Exit'
Go to the NMS folder, into binaries folder and look for 'NMS_with_Reshade.bat' file and run it.
It should reload Steam and then the game, and then you should see the Reshade banner load too.

• Valorin
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #4 by Valorin Replied by Valorin on topic NMS, Reshade and Nvidia
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately it didn't work. Exited steam, started game with the bat you mentioned. No Reshade banner.
Anything else that I could try?

EDIT: ... and just after I posted this, I tried turning off the NIVIDIA overlay and started the bat as admin, which made it work, even without taking down Steam first.
After that it also worked with overlay turned on and without starting as admin. Can't really tell what made it work, but it does now.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Valorin.

• F D B
More
4 years 4 months ago #5 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic NMS, Reshade and Nvidia
Where's this .bat file supposed to be found?.
I cannot find it in the Ansel folder!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.