Reshade unusable in RDR2, black screen after logo

• railgunpoi
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #1 by railgunpoi Reshade unusable in RDR2, black screen after logo was created by railgunpoi
Also the Vulkan one has no effects, only the DX12 one works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wicked Sick
More
4 years 5 months ago #2 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Reshade unusable in RDR2, black screen after logo
I saw on their Discord server Thalixte saying that he was working on the support for Vulkan.

• thalixte
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #3 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Reshade unusable in RDR2, black screen after logo

Wicked Sick wrote: I saw on their Discord server Thalixte saying that he was working on the support for Vulkan.

Yes, if i find the time to do it. the pb here is the Rockstar Social Club vulkan layer that does not llaunch whenthe Reshade vulkan layer has started before... Or maybe Crosire will find a solution... But keep in mind that the Vulkan integration in reshade is still in an experimental stage.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crubino

• JBeckman
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #4 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Reshade unusable in RDR2, black screen after logo
Can't that be thrown out...perhaps not ideal but it should work similar as before no?

set VK_LAYER_PATH=C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\The Surge 2\bin;%VK_LAYER_PATH%
set VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS=VK_LAYER_reshade
set DISABLE_VK_LAYER_VALVE_steam_overlay_1=1
set DISABLE_VK_LAYER_VALVE_steam_fossilize_1=1
set DISABLE_VK_LAYER_AMD_switchable_graphics_1=1
@start "" "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\The Surge 2\bin\TheSurge2.exe"

Kinda like that but whatever the RG VLK layer name would be instead of in this case the Steam layers for the overlay, shader cache thing and AMD's VLK layer.

Seems to be a workaround for throwing out the RGSC too or the RGGC I guess now that it's a full game client and not just the simpler social client launcher but that's a bit overkill and seems to involve a alternate exe name (And away goes some of the display driver specific profiles and compatibility stuff.) though I don't have the game myself yet so can't really say.

It's about kinda really big file size wise and game length wise and I have a backlog and remember how long it took for GTA V's bug fixes to dwindle down and start focusing on online primarily plus the current reports on the state of the game and thus just dealing with said backlog and picking it up at a discount in a few months instead.
(Monkey Island 1 price guide rules I suppose ha ha. fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation )

EDIT: Nice that the game uses both API's though odd as it is to see when VLK alone would be covering low-level API usage and flexibility via extensions plus covering Windows 7 to Win10 and even possibilities for a native Linux build though supposedly D3D12 is the main API and the one that works best and VLK is there possibly for Stadia.

Still good though, covers for ReShade D3D injection while also allowing VLK and users can simply choose whichever runs best and once VLK compatibility is in either one works for ReShade purposes. :D
(No extra online protection either hampering compatibility so 4.4.2 should be just fine and in Red Dead Online the depth buffer going off should allow for it to continue to be OK.)
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by JBeckman.

• cyrilp
More
4 years 4 months ago #5 by cyrilp Replied by cyrilp on topic Reshade unusable in RDR2, black screen after logo
I have great news ! i have just been able to play in SLI (2080TI) Vulkan HDR with Reshade On !!! including 3Ddepth !!

I have found out how to make reshade kick in even with Vulkan

With hdr on, start game, go into settings, set mssa *2, press ok, set mssa disabled again, press ok .... and voilĂ  !!

At least for me when i do this, the moment i press ok, reshade kick in and my screen goes into 3D top bottom :-)

The game is gorgous is everything high, HDR and 3D reshade !!

I finally can use my second card ! so far i was playing with one card only because i wanted to use shader for 3D with dx12....

i hope this might give a clue to reshade devs to help make it work with Vulkan.

Now i have to find a way to get rid of the damn ERR, impossible to play more then 10 min (no oc)

• thalixte
More
4 years 4 months ago #6 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Reshade unusable in RDR2, black screen after logo
Thks a lot :) But we have already found a solution for Reshade to work with Vulkan. This will be available in the next release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree, cyrilp

• cyrilp
More
4 years 4 months ago #7 by cyrilp Replied by cyrilp on topic Reshade unusable in RDR2, black screen after logo
Great, thanks for your work !!

• cyrilp
More
4 years 4 months ago #8 by cyrilp Replied by cyrilp on topic Reshade unusable in RDR2, black screen after logo

thalixte wrote: Thks a lot :) But we have already found a solution for Reshade to work with Vulkan. This will be available in the next release.

do you have an ETA for next release ?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.