Reshade shaders in Nvidia Freestyle / GFE

• Zireael
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #1 by Zireael Reshade shaders in Nvidia Freestyle / GFE was created by Zireael
So Nvidia now natively supports Reshade shaders.

github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/tree/nvidia

I installed those and they work fine, it states that you can use custom shaders in "non competitive" games.

I'm trying to use the ported AMD CAS.fx shader in Red Dead Redemption 2, but the shader doesn't appear in the filters list in-game.

Any way to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zireael
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #2 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic Reshade shaders in Nvidia Freestyle / GFE
Actually I just noticed, half or more of the official repo shaders don't even load, it seems rather random? Stuff like Lumasharpen doesn't load but other sharpening shaders do.

• crosire
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade shaders in Nvidia Freestyle / GFE
As the readme states, you cannot use some shaders (including e.g. LumaSharpen and any ones that are not in the repo) in any of the competitive or non-singleplayer games. This is by design and there is no way around it. It prevents cheating.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by crosire.

• Zireael
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #4 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic Reshade shaders in Nvidia Freestyle / GFE

crosire wrote: As the readme states, you cannot use some shaders (including e.g. LumaSharpen and any ones that are not in the repo) in any of the competitive or non-singleplayer games. This is by design and there is no way around it. It prevents cheating.

So Red Dead 2 is considered an online game because of the optional multiplayer? What about running the game in offline mode?

• crosire
More
4 years 6 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade shaders in Nvidia Freestyle / GFE
Well, FreeStyle doesn't know that. It just knows that you are playing RDR2, which has an online mode. So it will always block non-curated filters to be safe.

• F D B
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #6 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Reshade shaders in Nvidia Freestyle / GFE
Hey Crosire,
Do you think that LUTTOOLS can be used through Nvidia's Freestyle?
What I need is to have the LUT texture of the color correction (very slight one) I made with Nvidia's Freestyle and I think the only way I'm ever going to achieve that is using LUT TOOLS.

I'm not asking you out of laziness. I'm at work and won't be able to check for the next 10 hrs and I thought you might be able to tell me if it can or can't be done at all a lot sooner!
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by F D B.

• F D B
More
4 years 6 months ago #7 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Reshade shaders in Nvidia Freestyle / GFE
I can't seem to be able to get LUT TOOLS to be recognized by Ansel, so I guess not.
What I don't understand is how can this shader be used for cheating in an online game?.

• F D B
More
4 years 6 months ago #8 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Reshade shaders in Nvidia Freestyle / GFE
Anyone, please?.

• Fu-Bama
More
4 years 5 months ago #9 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic Reshade shaders in Nvidia Freestyle / GFE
Lut Tools is now compatible with Ansel and has option for vertical LUT orientation (in case of Fifa).
You can grab latest version here github.com/Fubaxiusz/fubax-shaders/blob/.../Shaders/LUTTools.fx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe

• Killer200120
More
4 years 4 months ago #10 by Killer200120 Replied by Killer200120 on topic Reshade shaders in Nvidia Freestyle / GFE
But LumaSharpen is now in the curated shaders so where is the problem?