Reshade and Nighttime in MP games

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #1 by Faustus86
Reshade and Nighttime in MP games was created by Faustus86
*Awareness post*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #2 by Martigen
Replied by Martigen on topic Reshade and Nighttime in MP games
Not sure this can ever be stopped. Some monitors (I know ASUS has them) even provide features to 'make enemies in the dark stand out' (or similar wording), which we can read as upping contrast for dark parts of the picture, most certainly breaking the consistency intended by the developers. Not to mention you even can just store different presets on your monitor with maximum brightness and contrast and switch between them (wouldn't be quite as effective as the shaders, but it'll go part way).

But when even monitors incorporate features like this like the ASUS ones, there's really nothing you can do.

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #3 by Faustus86
Replied by Faustus86 on topic Reshade and Nighttime in MP games
I know. Sadly this doesn't stop people from using it as a cheat or other's from going nut's about it.
Guess i already know the answer but there is no way for game developers to detect and auto-calibrate brightness level's on their end, right?
I know Injector and monitor input is last in the line and window's doesn't offer much to hook into. Could be wrong though. Is there a way to make a Plugin for UE4 that would Support such a mechanic?

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #4 by Faustus86
Other question: Is it possible to limit brightness and exposure level's inside of Freestyle/Reshade when Network activity is present, similar to the depth based shaders?

Would be sad to have shader tool's removed from more and more games. I can tell people that Reshade is not a cheating tool as long as i want to, doesn't help much.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #5 by Faustus86
Update: SCUM dev quote

"Even if Nvidia removes the feature from their software ( which I highly doubt ),there are alternative programs out there that can do the same thing. There is no easy way to counter this, and I personally think we will have to add those kind of programs to the ban list one by one. We are currently discussing this and communicating with EAC to determine what can be done."

Im so pissed off right now.