Is MXAO possible in all games?

• mileafly
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #1 by mileafly Is MXAO possible in all games? was created by mileafly
I am wondering about MXAO since this effect seem to work for me in some games and not in others. Is it supposed to work in some games and not others, or is it down to just tweaking something to make it work where it does not work right away? More specifically right now I would like to add it to Dead Rising 2. But not sure if that is even possible

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Niko of Death
More
4 years 2 months ago #2 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Is MXAO possible in all games?
It depends on whether the game's depth buffer is accessible. Use the DisplayDepth shader to determine this, you can mess around with the settings in the API tab (i.e. dx9, dx11 etc.) to try and retrieve it if it's not visible by default. You can also use it to make sure your preprocessor settings (Depth is Reversed, Depth is Upside Down, Depth is Logarithmic) are correct.

• mileafly
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #3 by mileafly Replied by mileafly on topic Is MXAO possible in all games?

Niko of Death wrote: It depends on whether the game's depth buffer is accessible. Use the DisplayDepth shader to determine this, you can mess around with the settings in the API tab (i.e. dx9, dx11 etc.) to try and retrieve it if it's not visible by default. You can also use it to make sure your preprocessor settings (Depth is Reversed, Depth is Upside Down, Depth is Logarithmic) are correct.

How is it supposed to look like? For me when I turn it on in this game it is just half screen black and half grey. Also where do I find the API tab ?

• Niko of Death
More
4 years 2 months ago #4 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Is MXAO possible in all games?

mileafly wrote:

Niko of Death wrote: It depends on whether the game's depth buffer is accessible. Use the DisplayDepth shader to determine this, you can mess around with the settings in the API tab (i.e. dx9, dx11 etc.) to try and retrieve it if it's not visible by default. You can also use it to make sure your preprocessor settings (Depth is Reversed, Depth is Upside Down, Depth is Logarithmic) are correct.

How is it supposed to look like? For me when I turn it on in this game it is just half screen black and half grey. Also where do I find the API tab ?

It should have models lining up with what you see in the actual game. The API tab is the last one up top (i.e. after home/settings/statistics)

• mileafly
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #5 by mileafly Replied by mileafly on topic Is MXAO possible in all games?

Niko of Death wrote:

mileafly wrote:

It should have models lining up with what you see in the actual game. The API tab is the last one up top (i.e. after home/settings/statistics)

Hm it is not lined up, but just two black and grey blocks so I assume it is not possible to use this effect with this game

• 1415gateway
More
4 years 2 months ago #6 by 1415gateway Replied by 1415gateway on topic Is MXAO possible in all games?
i know this is old but i wanted to try out old games i never played from 2010 so i could make them look better so i downloaded dead rasing 2 (great game)
and ever reshade worked for it. i used rt,srr and a couple more, looks alot better

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.