Fake game for developing shaders?

• LicensedToThrill
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1 by LicensedToThrill Fake game for developing shaders? was created by LicensedToThrill
I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions or recommendations for static games / game scenes that I could use to help develop shaders without having to pay attention to an actual game.

I've been working on some shaders the last few weeks and it makes me anxious every time I load up Skyrim or some other game to develop on. I was just wondering if there were any standalone 3D scenes that I could load and test on.

Or, in another way, is there a method for loading a DX supported window with a single game screenshot for developing in? I've dabbled in things like Pillow and OpenCV, and have plenty experience in C#, C++, and Python (and some C) if that helps. Certainly not an expert, but if pointed in the right direction, I could set something up in an afternoon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Fake game for developing shaders?
This comes up every now and then, and yes it's a good way to test shaders and profiles :)

Edit: Last instance was 4 years ago!

Anyway, here we go -- a tool by Ninjafada and a short guide by me:

reshade.me/forum/suggestions/476-streamlining-calibration#3842

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.