Reshade with ROAD RASH (1996)

• rogerpenna
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #1 by rogerpenna Reshade with ROAD RASH (1996) was created by rogerpenna
Road Rash is an awesome game that I played first on the Genesis and later on the PC.

After many years in a shelf, I found my Road Rash CD-ROM and some tips and patches to run it on modern windows.

Well, the game is still fun, but the textures are like from PSX... they have no bilinear filtering, they distort when close to the edges of the screen, etc, etc. Maximum resolution is 640x480.

Would Re-Shade work or with such an game? What are the oldest games Re-Shade works with?
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by rogerpenna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• acknowledge
More
3 years 9 months ago #2 by acknowledge Replied by acknowledge on topic Reshade with ROAD RASH (1996)
You may try the DXGL or dgVoodoo2 first.
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/5227#33088

• acknowledge
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #3 by acknowledge Replied by acknowledge on topic Reshade with ROAD RASH (1996)
Update: There's something wrong with this game when dgvoodoo 2 is used. I found out an alternate wrapper which works great with this game: cnc-ddraw.
github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases/tag/1.3.4.0

I test dgvoodoo 2 wrapper, it works with your game. Here's my test image.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by acknowledge. Reason: update

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.