AO in Witcher 3 ( seems reversed? )

• BrandonHortman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by BrandonHortman AO in Witcher 3 ( seems reversed? ) was created by BrandonHortman
Is it just me or does the AO shadow the object and not the area around the object?

Is there a way to reverse this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic AO in Witcher 3 ( seems reversed? )
Wondering this too, just started experimenting with AO using the framework in W3 (coz, you know, we can :) ). I enabled the logarthimic depth buffer option, but not getting the expected results. Also, for what it's worth, F12 for showing the depth buffer doesn't work (I'm presuming no toggle keys work with W3 at the moment).
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

• strelokgunslinger
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic AO in Witcher 3 ( seems reversed? )

Martigen wrote: Wondering this too, just started experimenting with AO using the framework in W3 (coz, you know, we can :) ). I enabled the logarthimic depth buffer option, but not getting the expected results. Also, for what it's worth, F12 for showing the depth buffer doesn't work (I'm presuming no toggle keys work with W3 at the moment).

LogDepth basically reverses how Dof and AO works, Dof can be worked with as values can work forward/backward so to speak

But AO can only work when not reversed
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

• BrandonHortman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic AO in Witcher 3 ( seems reversed? )
Sadness. Seems like there is no AO on the grass at all in this game.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.