Help building Reshade

• Mack94
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #1 by Mack94 Help building Reshade was created by Mack94
Hey guys, so I'm playing KOTOR and trying to build a custom Reshade through visual studio which forces alpha to coverage sampling as @Niko of Death did awhile back . I've followed the tutorial  in the read me on github. I've already edited the source/opengl/opengl_hooks.cpp after uploading reshade into the visual studio via the source code on github. But I'm running into some problems while building. Here are my errors:

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error        CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/CMake/CMake/share/cmake-3.19/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:218 (message):
  Could NOT find Vulkan (missing: Vulkan_LIBRARY Vulkan_INCLUDE_DIR)        C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/CMake/CMake/share/cmake-3.19/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake    218    

Error        CMake Error at C:\Users\mackm\Source\Repos\reshade\deps\imgui\examples\example_glfw_vulkan\CMakeLists.txt:23 (add_subdirectory):
  add_subdirectory given source "../../../glfw" which is not an existing
  directory.    imgui_example_glfw_vulkan    C:\Users\mackm\Source\Repos\reshade\deps\imgui\examples\example_glfw_vulkan\CMakeLists.txt    23    

Error    MSB3073    The command "python gl3w_gen.py" exited with code 9009.    gl3w    C:\Users\mackm\Source\Repos\reshade\deps\gl3w.vcxproj    87    

Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'GL/gl3w.h': No such file or directory    ReShade    C:\Users\mackm\source\repos\reshade\source\opengl\opengl.hpp    6    

So I get these errors when I first attempt to release reshade 32 and 64. Also one thing I'm confused on is: When I first start building the reshade dll what do I select in the solution explorer? Reshade snl? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
2 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Help building Reshade
It appears you didn't sync the Git submodules. Can do that by running:
git submodule init
git submodule update
inside the ReShade repository
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mack94

• Mack94
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #3 by Mack94 Replied by Mack94 on topic Help building Reshade
I don't see a git submodule init & git submodule update . There is .gitmodules that I see though . When you say "running" do you mean build or is there a run option ? Thank you for your help .

• crosire
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Help building Reshade
Using the command-line opened in the repository. You need to have downloaded the ReShade repository using Git ( git-scm.com/ , via "git clone github.com/crosire/reshade "). Just downloading the files from GitHub won't work (see first item in the readme).
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.