Performance hit/buffers

More
6 months 4 weeks ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #1 by lazarescu85
Performance hit/buffers was created by lazarescu85
What is the performance hit without any shaders(just installed and activated)? Version 5.0.2.
Whats the deal with buffers? If i turn on the lowest 924x924 buffer in Dying Light 2(possibly other games) i gain 4 fps. Thats huge. The game visually stays the same. Turning on other higher res buffers does nothing as well as turning on copy depth buffers. Doing exactly same thing in 4.91 doesnt give me any fps. Does it mean that empty reshade has performance hit or that buffers improve so much fps?
Whats the performance hit of nvidia freestyle? I only have gtx1060 so these frames are priceless to me.

Last edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by lazarescu85.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 4 days ago - 6 months 4 days ago #2 by Daemonjax
Replied by Daemonjax on topic Performance hit/buffers
If absolutely no shaders are loaded, the cost of the hook should be near zero.

The first shader loaded (regardless of what it actually does) should have an increased apparent cost because reshade will start to do some stuff like creating buffers. That's how it seemed to work the last time I checked.

I didn't notice anything different in 5.0.2 in that regard, but I wasn't looking specifically for that overhead cost.  5.0.2 is pretty new, and seems to have a few issues which I'm sure will get sorted out eventually.
Last edit: 6 months 4 days ago by Daemonjax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.