Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "Send a signal" from host program?

"Send a signal" from host program? 1 year 5 months ago #1

I'm currently working on a modification of an existing game and want to include ReShade for better graphics. (I'll be sure to look into the licensing details for this; if it's not possible to bundle ReShade with the mod, I'll just have to tell people to get it here, no big deal.)

Is there any way to send a signal to ReShade's shaders from the host program? That is, is there any way to change shader settings based on game logic?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Send a signal" from host program? 1 year 5 months ago #2

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1390
Not currently, but it's an interesting idea. Could be done by equiping ReShade with a programmable API.
Cheers, crosire =)

"Send a signal" from host program? 1 year 5 months ago #3

• Martigen
  • Thank you received: 35
Whirligig231 wrote:
I'm currently working on a modification of an existing game and want to include ReShade for better graphics. (I'll be sure to look into the licensing details for this; if it's not possible to bundle ReShade with the mod, I'll just have to tell people to get it here, no big deal.)

Is there any way to send a signal to ReShade's shaders from the host program? That is, is there any way to change shader settings based on game logic?
If you can write to a file from the mod, you can simply modify Reshade's settings files -- it automatically picks up when they change and re-initializes.

"Send a signal" from host program? 1 year 5 months ago #4

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1390
True. But recompiling takes time and stalls the game, not necessarily something you want when triggering changes mid-game.
Cheers, crosire =)

"Send a signal" from host program? 1 year 5 months ago #5

Would it be possible to alter the shader code so that it depends on the color of e.g. the top-left pixel of the screen, then mask that pixel in a UI mask so that other shaders don't affect it, and then change that pixel in the game?

Another idea: could I simulate a key press from the game that controls the shader's toggle key?

"Send a signal" from host program? 1 year 5 months ago #6

• Roxxtar
  • Thank you received: 3
Whirligig231 wrote:
Another idea: could I simulate a key press from the game that controls the shader's toggle key?

Check my topic below for info on how to do this:

reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/825-toggle-timeout